+ Reply to Thread
Page 207 of 611 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 6102

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Grant.

yeah, it depends on what you have running in car and how hard you depress throttle, but a mile is about top unless freewheeling too.(its designed mainly for getting you out of your drive without awaking neighbours i think) The HV Battery isnt huge, so needs constant charging via, wheels turning, brakes on or engine. Still it can be pretty silent even with engine on.
    If you really press throttle a bit more, but not too much, yes, it can growl a bit. its improving acceleration wise but is most impressive at pulling away.
    The brake hold feature is a clever thing too. Funny but bar mine and my brother in law(oddly we both bought same car at same time without knowing) there were none in area that i had ever seen. Now they are all over..lol
    Certainly get stopped and asked about it etc a lot
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Just had a phone call re these cars, and it seems that if water gets into the boot area it can blitz the wiring causing problems of the type mentioned. There was certainly water in the boot - which surprised me yesterday - I wondered how it got there. Draining it was quite easy - there are two holes in the floor with covers. I suspect the water may have come in that way too!

It's probably worth checking for water in the boot area of these cars once a year at least - take everything out - the spare wheel - the tool tray etc. until you can see the floor underneath and make sure everything is dry.
    I wondered how long it would be before somebody mentioned water ingress.

The seals probably tire and compress. Worth replacing every few years I reckon, they won't be cheap though.

Seals should be cleaned regularly, as should the surface they bear against.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Yup, over time the rubber becomes a bit porous and absorbs water, then in winter freezes and thaws causing more damage. they can also get hard and brittle. Apply regularly some rubber sealant like Autoglym Rubber Care ... keeps them in good trim. Wont be an issue for a few years tho when car is new. As Geoff says they should be cleaned with car.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

My car had a nice growl, as it has a proper engine.

And a ‘handbrake’ that you operate with your hand, and which works. I must admit, as an engineer, some of this alleged ‘progress’ does concern me...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Grant.

The said that when they brought in the spinning jenny.. Lol

Smash the Spinning Jenny! Burn the Rolling Rosalind! Destroy the Going-up-and-down-a-bit-and-then-moving-along Gertrude!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    If you really press throttle a bit more, but not too much, yes, it can growl a bit. its improving acceleration wise but is most impressive at pulling away.
    The brake hold feature is a clever thing too. Funny but bar mine and my brother in law(oddly we both bought same car at same time without knowing) there were none in area that i had ever seen. Now they are all over..lol
    Certainly get stopped and asked about it etc a lot
    When I first had the Prius I could pull away from lights etc. faster than 95% of cars. Then a couple of things happened. People started driving more aggressively, and manufacturers started making and selling more powerful cars. Now I’m struggling to keep up with most of the newer cars, and aggression continues. Speed limits. What are they? Many drivers now overtake me even if I’m above the speed limit.

I can go faster, and at times I’d love to do that, but that would be when I’d get caught, so would ultimately give little pleasure.

The real pain about faster cars plus aggressive driving is that whereas ten years ago there were gaps in traffic streams to pull into when joining a trunk road, now the clever dicks who drive keep speeding into them, thus making entering fast moving traffic streams difficult and/or hazardous.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

I've found that in recent years it has actually become easier to pull out of a side road to join the traffic. Ten years ago everything was moving too fast, but these days the roads are so clogged that the traffic passes my side road at a snail's pace. Meaning that the drivers find avoiding eye contact with me difficult, and are a little more likely to be courteous.

This will never happen in That London though - those drivers are a caricature of everything that's wrong with modern driving standards

Contrary to popular opinion I find the drivers of vans to be the most courteous, unless it's because I'm in a van myself, and I'm actually in some secret club I'm unaware of
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dan.

Crikey, I’ve not been on here in ages...

This is my new ‘daily’ car; a 2002 E39 530i touring Jap import with just 86k miles on it & zero rust

I’ve only had it 8 weeks but I’ve done a massive amount of what I call ‘maintenance’ work to it (because of my OCD & because I like things to be right). The E39s do have some weak points/Achilles heels, but they’re easy enough to sort. It’s had a full cooling system overhaul, full suspension overhaul (including ALL arms, drop links & OEM spec Sachs sport dampers & OEM BMW Mtec II springs), full braking overhaul (more aggressive grooved discs and Yellowstuff pads etc) and a change of alloys which are off the E38 7 series & E34 5 series to get the more aggressive offsets

I love tinkering with my cars, it still needs a better stereo sorting & I’ll be looking into the exhaust next; fancying a nice but subtle stainless Schmiedmann twin exit back box

Freshly washed:

On its first road trip (since collecting it & driving it back from Glasgow) down in Anglesey:

My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Dan,

Nice seeing you checking in again, and hope you are well

Cool car - I thoroughly approve! Hope it brings you lots of fun

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    Crikey, I’ve not been on here in ages...

This is my new ‘daily’ car; a 2002 E39 530i touring Jap import with just 86k miles on it & zero rust

I’ve only had it 8 weeks but I’ve done a massive amount of what I call ‘maintenance’ work to it (because of my OCD & because I like things to be right). The E39s do have some weak points/Achilles heels, but they’re easy enough to sort. It’s had a full cooling system overhaul, full suspension overhaul (including ALL arms, drop links & OEM spec Sachs sport dampers & OEM BMW Mtec II springs), full braking overhaul (more aggressive grooved discs and Yellowstuff pads etc) and a change of alloys which are off the E38 7 series & E34 5 series to get the more aggressive offsets

I love tinkering with my cars, it still needs a better stereo sorting & I’ll be looking into the exhaust next; fancying a nice but subtle stainless Schmiedmann twin exit back box

Freshly washed:

On its first road trip (since collecting it & driving it back from Glasgow) down in Anglesey:

+ Reply to Thread