+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 609 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6088

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Nice motor Ali, and very rapid! Look forward to seeing some pics.
    As promised-

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Very smart Ali
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Lovely - nice colour combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers, yes the first owner had good taste lol.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Jon.

My current car is getting a bit long in the tooth now, so i bit the bullet and ordered a new one today..

Audi A1 S Line competition 40 TFSI S tronic.
    Probably a bit extravagant as i only use my car once a week to go food shopping and ride a bike the rest of the time, but what the hell, why not.
    It’s not the fastest thing on the road, but as long as it gets me to Waitrose and back i’ll be a happy chap.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    but what the hell, why not.
    Absolutely Gary, life's too short. Remember, there were people on the Titanic that said "no" to the sweet trolley... The A1 looks great. I had an A3 S-Line and I couldn't fault it. Never missed a beat in 3 years, not even a blown bulb. Is that the colour you're getting? I like it.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jon.

Yup, thats the colour i'm getting. Should pick it up in a couple of weeks, and a week after that my new Z900 will have arrived
    I did consider the yellow paint with some nicer wheels, but i'm really not one to draw attention to myself on the road with a car that looks like its crashed through Halfords front window.
    It'll crack 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and that'll do for me.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    My current car is getting a bit long in the tooth now, so i bit the bullet and ordered a new one today..

Audi A1 S Line competition 40 TFSI S tronic.
    Probably a bit extravagant as i only use my car once a week to go food shopping and ride a bike the rest of the time, but what the hell, why not.
    It’s not the fastest thing on the road, but as long as it gets me to Waitrose and back i’ll be a happy chap.
    We purchased an A1 2 months ago, but only the 35 TFSI, and love it. We don`t do many miles and thought it adequate for our needs. It still has plenty of pep, 150 ps I think, so I`m sure you will enjoy yours.

Wish me luck (I think...) I have a very good friend who is in the classic car motor trade who will be proxy bidding for me tomorrow - if the car is as good as it looks. I fully don't expect to end up winning the auction at what I am prepared to spend, but if I do, it will be a bargain, and you never know...?

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas...ornia-special/
    Alex

I'm Geoff.

Hmm, 5 Litre. That'll be the 301 block then. Looks very nice.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread