+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca's Lash Up

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Good, but not great. I want that super-open mid and top back I had with the Tisbury passive pre, along with the bass drive that I wasn't getting with the Tisbury. if I could put those two things together that would be it - killer system! - but I suspect I am going to have to buy a very expensive pre-amp in order to get what I want. Bollocks, isn't it?
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Martin.

Dedicated vinyl cleaning area!

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jason.

Nice bit of kit Martin

I'm Nobody.

Dedicated vinyl cleaning area!
    Do you live on your own Martin?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Nice bit of kit Martin
    If you mean the Moth that is the best £400 I ever spent
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Do you live on your own Martin?
    Yes, for the last thirteen years. I like the freedom to do as I please, and the quiet. I'd struggle to go back to living with someone unless she was very laid back and understanding, I think.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Nobody.

Don't blame you.. Wish i lived alone sometimes but being married is all ive known for 28 years..

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, for the last thirteen years. I like the freedom to do as I please, and the quiet. I'd struggle to go back to living with someone unless she was very laid back and understanding, I think.
    I was lucky enough to find someone just like that.

I'm Martin.

Aquired this on Friday - NVA P90 passive pre-amp. Bought it as a bit of a punt, I was hoping to get that same 'straight from the desk' clarity as the Tisbury passive pre but without the loss of impact and 'slam' that meant I could not live with the Tisbury.

Well it does not quite have that incredible open sound of the Tisbury but it is not far off. As a plus bass response and slam are both acceptable, rim shots and snares have impact that they did not have with the Tisbury. It is amazing the lack of noise and mush you get with these passives, it really is a revelation. Only drawback is I have to use the thing at pretty much full attenuation in order to prevent the neighbours from calling the police. I guess my power amp is just too sensitive.

Current Lash Up:

I'm ChrisB.

Where does that sit in the NVA range Martin and presumably, the phono input is at line level?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast