+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wazoo's Record Sale

I'm Mike.

Chris, you've got the Grieg/Litolff/Frank listed as mono, but the sleeve appears to have 'sterephonic' om it.

had this many moons ago and wouldn't mind revisiting it; if it's stereo.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Chris, you've got the Grieg/Litolff/Frank listed as mono, but the sleeve appears to have 'sterephonic' om it.

had this many moons ago and wouldn't mind revisiting it; if it's stereo.
    OK Mike, I'll check, let you know

I'm ChrisB.

Mike,
    You have a PM (in addition to impeccable taste, Sir - this is one of the best recordings ever made!)

Cheers
    Chris

I'm ChrisB.

First of all, thanks a lot to those who've so generously donated to the Wazoo Land Grab - I've got room on the shelves for a few more already. Those should be on their way to you - please let me know when you all get them.

Now, to tempt some more lucky souls. I've relisted what's left below, with some very brief notes for the unititiated, along with suggested pricing.

As before, P+P is extra at cost, no more, but sometimes pennies less. All discs will be cleaned & placed in a bright shiny new anti-static inner sleeve (inside the original inner).

I'm also open to swaps as per Howard's swap shop - in particular, I'm looking for clean copies of the first Doors album & 'Let it Be' - don't know how many crap copies of those 2 I've had through my hands!!

As for the classical albums, I'm still open to offers (see original post for details).

Heres the list:

PRICE - FREE

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars
    Must be one of the best rock albums ever - consistantly brilliant platinum seller - no outer sleeve, so anyone buying more that 3 lp's can have it.

PRICE £2.50

Bob Welch - Three Hearts
    Million selling (in the US) album from ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist/songwriter

Boris Grebenshikov - Radio Silence
    Dave Stewart produced groundbreaking (for Russian rock music) post-Perestroika album with contributions from Annie Lennox, Billy MacKenzie and Chrissie Hynde

Cheech & Chong - Self Titled
    Today's Headlines: Stoned comedy duo make hippies snigger shock'

Difford & Tilbrook - Self Titled
    A Squeeze album……..near as dammit

Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Best of……
    Classic prog keyboard noodling. Big sound, big egos………burn that flag, stab that Hammond!!

Love & Money - All You Need Is….
    Debut album from Scottish rock band

Santana - Shango
    Bongo frenzy!! The most commercial Santana album pre-'The Supernatural'

Shawn Philips - Transcendence Greenwich Village type folk/rock
    Greenwich Village type folk/rock

Sniff 'n' the Tears - Fickle Heart
    Debut album from UK rock/pop band. The single 'Drivers Seat' was a big hit everywhere in the world except the UK because the record company didn't press any singles in time ……….DOH!!!

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart
    First album by former 'next big thing' girly-singer songwriter. Performances by Rod Argent & Paul Brady

Tanita Tikaram - The Sweet Keeper
    2nd album by ……….all sorts of worthies playing on this one too

Tom Robinson - Hope & Glory
    2-4-6-8 Glad to be gay geezer has big hit with War Baby

PRICE £3.50

Ben Sidran - On The Live Side
    Pianist/ singer/songwriter associated with Steve Miller & Boz Scaggs. He wrote Space Cowboy & did sessions for the Stones, Clapton & Frampton

Camel - I Can See Your House From Here
    The Canterbury Fusiliers bid for commercial success. Controversial sleeve

Camel - Rain Dances
    A bit more jazz influence than earlier Camel albums - less flute & keyboards, more sax. New members from Caravan & King Crimson

Cassell Webb - Songs of a Stranger
    Ex-psychedelic / country / folk-rock / progressive Texan lady-warbler does covers inc. 'Time Has Told Me' by Nick Drake

Deep Purple - House of Blue Light
    Blackmore & Gillan put away the boxing gloves (for a while)

Berry - Love
    Singer/ songwriter who flirted with 'This Mortal Coil'. Moody songs and a Bob Mould cover.

John Klemmer - Cry, Solo saxophone
    Probably the first ever new age jazz album? Solo? - yes. But this is a multi-layered sound built up from echoplexed sax sounds.

John Klemmer - Intensity
    A bit more straight ahead Jazz with a band

John Klemmer - Magic & Movement
    As above

Leon Redbone - Champagne Charlie
    A musician from another time - the man with the most laid back singing style ever. Authentic recycling of the blues/jazz/ragtime

Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge
    Spectacular own goal from Oldfield!! He locks himself away to make 2nd album which then gets knocked off the number one spot by his 1st album!

Paul McCartney - Tug of War
    Macca tinkers with Stevie Wonder, Ringo Starr, Carl Perkins and a tribute to Lennon

Ralph Towner - Works
    Moody acoustic guitar. A little jazzy in the Pat Metheny sense. No amplifiers!

Ry Cooder - Long Riders - OST
    That rare thing - a soundtrack album that stands on its own merit!

Ry Cooder - Why Don't You Try Me Tonight - Very Best of…..
    Best of Ry's rock recordings - no soundtrack stuff

The Moody Blues - Long Distance Voyager
    Patrick Moraz beefs up the Moody's keyboard sound

Wishbone Ash - Classic Ash
    Sleeve notes by John Peel!!
    Great introduction to Ash. Best tracks from the best period. Pioneers of twin harmony guitar rock.

PRICE £4.50

Extreme - III Sides to Every Story
    Double album, played (almost) once. Heavy/funk/prog/poodle rock is out. Grunge is in. So, no gold album for Nuno & the lads then?

Feel free to dig in - PM me if interested folks...................

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 11-05-2009 at 19:31. Reason: I"m a stickler for the; correct use of punctuation's

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up An opportunity not to be missed

Chris has got some fab records for here sale, folks, at very keen prices, so why not treat yourself?

It's not often we get the opportunity to buy records in superb condition from an aficionado instead of flicking through piles of grubby, unloved, albums in Oxfam...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Hello Chris, You have a PM

Regards

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post

- in particular, I'm looking for clean copies of the first Doors album & 'Let it Be' - don't know how many crap copies of those 2 I've had through my hands!!

Chris
    Damm! Wish I had known; I replaced most of my Doors' collection with remastered CD versions a few months ago and gave the vinyl away. Those that I have kept are American import versions of 'Waiting for the Sun' and 'Morrison Hotel'.

So, if you are not one of those who think that the CD is the spawn of the devil, might I recommend the following 24 bit 96KHz remasters from the original 2-track masters:

'The Doors', CD (1999), Elektra 7559-74007-2
    'Strange Days', CD (1999), Eketra 7559-74014-2
    'Waiting for the Sun', CD (1999), Elektra 7559-74024-2
    'Morrison Hotel', CD (1999), Elektra 7559-75007-2
    'L.A. Woman', CD (1999), Elektra 7559-75011-2.

I have neglected The Doors' 'Soft Parade', as I never thought it was particularly good.

Regards
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Barry,
    I've got the CD's but I like vinyl too!!
    Actually, I don't have too many replications at all, but that's just one album I really must have on vinyl - don't know why.

Thanks for the thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Barry,
    I've got the CD's but I like vinyl too!!
    Actually, I don't have too many replications at all, but that's just one album I really must have on vinyl - don't know why.

Thanks for the thought though.
    You're welcome.

Barry

I'm ChrisB.

I hope that everyone who's already had something (& there's quite a few of you now) got what they expected & that the records were in the condition you had hoped for.

Most of all, I hope you're enjoying the music on them.

Right then folks, here's an update for those who still have the fence clenched between their buttocks.................

Sold items deleted from the list.

AND THERE'S 50p OFF EVERYTHING!!!!!! - (except the Ziggy Stardust - I'm not so desperate for space that I'll pay you to take it away!!)

There's more to come, by the way, including CD's.

Heres the list:

PRICE - FREE

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars
    Must be one of the best rock albums ever - consistantly brilliant platinum seller - no outer sleeve & getting on a bt, so anyone buying more that 3 lp's can have it.

PRICE £2.00

Bob Welch - Three Hearts
    Million selling (in the US) album from ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist/songwriter

Boris Grebenshikov - Radio Silence
    Dave Stewart produced groundbreaking (for Russian rock music) post-Perestroika album with contributions from Annie Lennox, Billy MacKenzie and Chrissie Hynde

Cheech & Chong - Self Titled
    Today's Headlines: Stoned comedy duo make hippies snigger shock'

Difford & Tilbrook - Self Titled
    A Squeeze album……..near as dammit

Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Best of……
    Classic prog keyboard noodling. Big sound, big egos………burn that flag, stab that Hammond!!

Love & Money - All You Need Is….
    Debut album from Scottish rock band

Santana - Shango
    Bongo frenzy!! The most commercial Santana album pre-'The Supernatural'

Shawn Philips - Transcendence Greenwich Village type folk/rock
    Greenwich Village type folk/rock

Sniff 'n' the Tears - Fickle Heart
    Debut album from UK rock/pop band. The single 'Drivers Seat' was a big hit everywhere in the world except the UK because the record company didn't press any singles in time ……….DOH!!!

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart
    First album by former 'next big thing' girly-singer songwriter. Performances by Rod Argent & Paul Brady

Tom Robinson - Hope & Glory
    2-4-6-8 Glad to be gay geezer has big hit with War Baby

PRICE £3.00

Ben Sidran - On The Live Side
    A much recommended by Hi-FI Review in it's time, by pianist/ singer/songwriter associated with Steve Miller & Boz Scaggs. He wrote Space Cowboy & did sessions for the Stones, Clapton & Frampton don'cha know?

Cassell Webb - Songs of a Stranger
    Ex-psychedelic / country / folk-rock / progressive Texan lady-warbler does covers inc. 'Time Has Told Me' by Nick Drake

Deep Purple - House of Blue Light
    Blackmore & Gillan put away the boxing gloves (for a while)

Heidi Berry - Love
    Singer/ songwriter who flirted with 'This Mortal Coil'. Moody songs and a Bob Mould cover.

John Klemmer - Cry, Solo saxophone
    Probably the first ever new age jazz album? Solo? - yes. But this is a multi-layered sound built up from echoplexed sax sounds.

John Klemmer - Intensity
    A bit more straight ahead Jazz with a band

John Klemmer - Magic & Movement
    As above

Leon Redbone - Champagne Charlie
    A musician from another time - the man with the most laid back singing style ever. Authentic recycling of the blues/jazz/ragtime

Paul McCartney - Tug of War
    Macca tinkers with Stevie Wonder, Ringo Starr, Carl Perkins and a tribute to Lennon

Ralph Towner - Works
    Moody acoustic guitar. A little jazzy in the Pat Metheny sense. No amplifiers!

The Moody Blues - Long Distance Voyager
    Patrick Moraz beefs up the Moody's keyboard sound

Wishbone Ash - Classic Ash
    Sleeve notes by John Peel!!
    Great introduction to Ash. Best tracks from the best period. Pioneers of twin harmony guitar rock.

PRICE £4.00

Extreme - III Sides to Every Story
    Double album, played (almost) once. Heavy/funk/prog/poodle rock is out. Grunge is in. So, no gold album for Nuno & the lads then?

As before, I'm open to offers on the classical albums - There are some absolutely fantastic records here folks, worth a mint, & going for a song.

If you've never heard records of this quality from this era you haven't a clue what your turntable is capable of.

I really mean it, these were recorded by people who really knew how to capture sound properly - they sound incredible.

Go on, have a whirl with one of these - I'm only selling them because I have duplicates.
    The condition of them all is generally great...........

Antal Dorati & Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra Aaron Copland - Rodeo, El Salon Mexico, Danzon Cubano MERCURY LIVING PRESENCE OLYMPIAN SERIES MMA 11005 Mono 1958

Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra– Odd Gruner-Hegge Mendelssohn Symphony No.4 (Italian), Mozart Symphony No.40 RCA CAMDEN ‘LIVING STEREO’ CAS588 Stereo 1959

Arthur Feidler, Boston Pops Orchestra Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No.2, Mazeppa (Symphonic Poem No.6), Les Preludes (Symphonic Poem No.3), Rakoczy March RCA VICTOR Red Seal ‘LIVING STEREO’ LSC2442 Stereo 1960

Arthur Feidler, Boston Pops Orchestra Holiday For Strings (Rose), Liebesfreud (Kreisler), Humoresque-Swanee River (Dvorak – Foster), Pizzicato Polka (Strauss,Strauss), Andante Cantobile (Tchaikovsky), Arkansas Traveler (Guion), Surrey With The Fringe On Top (Rogers, Hammerstein), Our Waltz (Rose), Flight of the Bumble Bee (Rimsky-Korsakoff), Malaguena (Lecuona), Concert Polka for two Violins (Lumbye), No Strings Attached (Hayman), Mendelssohn Violin Concerto: Finale RCA VICTOR Red Seal RD7823 Mono 1967

Paul Paray – The Detroit Symphony Orchestra Debussy - Prelude a l’apres-midi d’un faune, Petite Suite, Ravel – Valses nobles et sentimentales, Le Tombeau de Couperin MERCURY LIVING PRESENCE OLYMPIAN SERIES MMA11119 Mono 1960

Clifford Curzon / Sir Adrian Boult & London Phil Orch / Øivin Fjeldstad & London Symph Orch Greig - Piano Concerto in A Minor, Franck - Variations Symphoniques, Litolff – Scherzo from Concerto Symphonique DECCA SXL / TRIANGLE / FFSS FFSS – SXL2173 Mono 1960

Isidore Godfrey & the D’Oyly Carte Opera Company - New Symphony Orch. of London The Mikado - Part One DECCA SXL / TRIANGLE / FFSS SXL4006 Mono 1958 Two copies of Part 1

As Above The Mikado - Part Two DECCA SXL / TRIANGLE / FFSS SXL 4007 Mono 1958 Two copies of Part 2

All records will be sent in good quality card mailers with stiffeners. Maximum quantity in one package is generally 5 or 6 depending on vinyl thickness & whether the sleeves are gatefolds or not.

All records will be cleaned on a Moth RCM & given a new high quality anti-static inner sleeve.

Postage will be at cost, no more, no less (including the value of the mailers - inners are free).

Feel free to dig in - PM me if interested folks...................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast