+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Quattro speaker cable

I'm Anthony.

Default Rega Quattro speaker cable

Hi guys

Just wondered if I can better this at reasonable money. Need 10 mtrs of the stuff so the likes of Tellurium are out of the question financially.
    Any recommendations ...........
    Has anybody compared this to Cable Talk 3; a cable I've been tempted to purchase.
    Amp is Rega Brio R and speakers are Usher S520

Regards
    Tony
    Main System : Apple MacMini - Via USB - Mytek Stereo192 DAC/pre - Reference Fidelity ic's - Quad QSP Power - Talk3 speaker cable - PMC 23 Loudspeakers
    Secondary System : Apple Imac - Jriver MC - RME ADI-2 DAC - Klotz MC5000 ic's - Edifier R1280T active loudspeakers.

I'm Gone.

Hi Tony. A lot of people have bought that "Arrow" bi-wire cable on EBay and liked it. If you take a look at Hifi Wigwam for instance, there are a couple of threads there. I like it too and at £3.50 per metre it's cheap as chips. Nice seller too.

I had Quattro a good while back, but in the system I tried it, I felt that bass and drive were a bit lacking. I usually like Rega stuff too, so I was a bit surprised.
    I have left AOS.

I'm Dave.

Quattro is long gone, 4 -5 years or so. There is a new Cable called Duet but that is £14.95/mtr.

The Cable Talk is very good and very reasonably priced.

I'm tony.

I recently plumbed in talk 3 after recommendation from members on here. I have TQ Black and blue to swap over to.......the talk 3 whilst still only 20-30 hours on it is very similar to the TQ Black it is very good in my set up/room/ears (dac/tisbury pre/croft 7 power amp and spendor sp1s)
    well worth a try and being pragmatic offers a level of performance pound for pound hard to match-get a home demo if you can,everyone likes they're own thing sound wise.

I'm Anthony.

Hi chaps

Thanks for you input

I decided to go ahead and try some Talk 3.
    Based on the very limited listening time I've had so far; I like it.
    It seems a little warmer/rounded than the Quattro ; slightly more bass info,which works well with the Usher S520's which with sounded a bit lean with the Quattro.
    I'll get back with more findings when I've had more listening time.
    Regards
    Tony
    Main System : Apple MacMini - Via USB - Mytek Stereo192 DAC/pre - Reference Fidelity ic's - Quad QSP Power - Talk3 speaker cable - PMC 23 Loudspeakers
    Secondary System : Apple Imac - Jriver MC - RME ADI-2 DAC - Klotz MC5000 ic's - Edifier R1280T active loudspeakers.

+ Reply to Thread