Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NVA interconnects

I'm Jason.

It's the (Super) Sound Pipes that break - I haven't heard of sound chords breaking - different beasts.

This is what commonly happens with SSP:
    Jason™

Built by Hand, Tuned by Life

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    And taking the willy-waving out of the equation, just how much 'better' is the G2000HD than the 1000 version? Same wire and solder I understand and the 1000 sells for fifty notes.. Add a couple of ferrites to a pair (for systems that don't like the extreme bandwidth) and off you go
    I think you may find Bev doesn't have a willy to wave

I'm James.

I'm Gone.

I have to say that the cables I've bought over the years from NVA have been very professionally terminated. What else would you expect from someone who has spent a lifetime making amps and cables. I'm not in Blighty right now or I'd post some pics. I don't have SSP but at least I could show the workmanship. Maybe the pair pictured have been bodged at some point.

I'm a fussy soul when it comes to cables and I always check the work. I've returned cables twice to dealers because the soldering was below par. Given how many cables I've broken in my time, I figure I can't take any chances
    I have left AOS.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What lousy construction: there is too much exposed conductor; the flux has not been cleaned off - and worse of all, there seems to be no cord grip used!

The Neutrik Pro-Fi plugs are the best RCA phono types you can buy, so why have they not been fitted as per the accompanying instructions? The fitting instructions that come with these plugs are very precise and detailed - clearly the cable manufacturer has chosen to ignore them.

I wonder how much was charged for this abomination? !!
    RD has commented on the damage and your uninformed and ignorant allegations.

I really don't know why I bother
    1/ the insulation has been striped back as can be seen 2/ the cable grip has been removed 3/ they are called pipes because the outside is a copper tube so the conductor has to be long (it is semi rigid solid core BTW) in order to not short against the copper pipe of the other core.

This cable has been mangled and manipulated by an ignorant idiot i.e. Figlet108. He fitted those Neutriks, I supplied the cable with my standard connections if it was one I made. So it is either a mangled one of mine or shit poor attempt by him to make one.

Lets see if he admits it, perhaps we will see the mans (dis)honesty or what his agenda is.

To anyone with a neutral perspective it is obvious that this cable has been deliberately mangled or is the result of a bodged repair. Where is the cable grip? No cable will break like that in normal usage. Frankly I think you should withdraw your comments as this gives the forum a bad reputation. We are not here to unfairly damage a products reputation based on personal issues with the manufacturer. Looks like you and figlet108 have an agenda here.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I think you may find Bev doesn't have a willy to wave

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The fitting instructions that come with these plugs are very precise and detailed - clearly the cable manufacturer has chosen to ignore them.
    I guess that when you're nearer 70 than 60, blindness (and senility) starts to kick in with a vengeance!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neal.

I dont think the SoundPipes ship with the Neutrik connector and the one Jason shows seems to be missing the strain relief collar:

Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

synsei Guest

Regardless of any issues I or anyone else might have with the individual concerned the recent tone of this thread is unbecoming in my opinion, and it doesn't sit comfortably with me...

I'm andrew.

SSP's do not come with Pro-Fi plugs I have just checked my set.
    Andy.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast