Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NVA interconnects

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Keep an eye out for these, might be worth a try?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009535784...84.m1438.l2649
    I wonder how a lead can be 98% new!

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    I wonder how a lead can be 98% new!
    Easy, it's just a little older than 99% new
    I have left AOS.

I'm Geoff.

Same thing as 2% old!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Easy, it's just a little older than 99% new
    Ah - silly me

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by

Cons: stiff, PITA to use and connections break easily (all bar one of my pairs are currently sitting broken). The more you plug/unplug them, the more likely they break. Richard Dunne of NVA will probably repair them from free, but will call you an idiot and make you feel bad while he does it... More seriously they have no shielding, so if you have a potentially noisy EMI/RFI environment they will introduce noise into your system. E.g. wireless, plasma tvs, dimmers etc will potentially cause hissing from your speakers. I replaced my AV interconnects from SSP to these low capacitance ones from [URL="http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm"
    Blue Jean Cable[/URL] and in terms of sound quality I couldn't tell the difference. However, they are very well shielded and so the hissing vanished, so win-win. And from a mechanical perspective they also have one of the best plugs I've come across.
    EXACTLY my thoughts, they are good but it is VERY easy to break them

If you don't break them then I'd recommend them

If you want something that definitely WON'T break then I'd really recommend the Mark Grant G2000HD cables, they are superb sounding and very flexible and Mark is a super chap to deal with

Hope that helps
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

And taking the willy-waving out of the equation, just how much 'better' is the G2000HD than the 1000 version? Same wire and solder I understand and the 1000 sells for fifty notes.. Add a couple of ferrites to a pair (for systems that don't like the extreme bandwidth) and off you go
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm stephen.

hi roob

have you got a price set for the two sets of interconnects

regards,steve

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    And taking the willy-waving out of the equation, just how much 'better' is the G2000HD than the 1000 version? Same wire and solder I understand and the 1000 sells for fifty notes.. Add a couple of ferrites to a pair (for systems that don't like the extreme bandwidth) and off you go
    Better RCA plugs, Dave.

Sadly, it does make a difference, at least to my ears.
    No, I've not heard the MG examples, but I have heard the same cable with different plugs from another manufacturer. I was a bit distressed, I was - I really didn't expect or want to hear an improvement with the more expensive RCAs, but it was easy to hear.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Ok, admitting my stereo's aren't up to fancy plugs and the power amps in both use 1/4" jacks anyway... I thought the ferrites did help the standard HD1000 though - in my setups - but I doubt I'd hear it if blindfolded.. I promise to maintain an open mind though
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Josie.

I've been with the mid range 1500's for quite some time now, I felt they are much nicer sounding than the 1000's - I've also had a 2000 but I felt the 1500's was the best all rounder.

A sound cord is busy being used to hang a picture in the office at the moment... Very strong - A Cambridge yellow is also being used as a temporary fix for a garage door pull. -

I liked the sound cord though, for the price it's a bargain. I've never had one break though. The Cambridge was gash, hated it and it had a short when I bought it..

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast