Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NVA interconnects

I'm Nick.

Default NVA interconnects

Recent experience in changing interconnects has made me realise - they do make a difference! I was thinking of trying some NVA interconnects and wondered whether anyone had any experiences of using them - good or bad?

Cheers

I'm Geoff.

Not tried NVA, but If you want to hear everything that's going on try Nordost. Some people find them too revealing, but they're fine for me. Alternatively if you want a refined sound try Audio Note cables, they sound lovely, even the lower priced ones.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Had the sound cord interconnect and the super sound pipe digital cable.
    Great sounding cables, well worth the money.

What I liked about them was that they were "different" sounding to most other cables, very clear direct sound.
    More of an open window I guess, with a lot less coluration.

I'm Craig.

I have a pair of the ultra cheap Sound Cords, and they really are excellent cables.

In the past I've been right up the ladder with a pair of £600 Black Rhodium Oratorios. But these SC's cannot be faulted, especially at the price.

Others to consider, if you haven't completely made your mind up have to be Mark Grants fine wires, and Silver High Breed.

Just thought, if you were referring to the Sound Pipe, the one you have to bend to fit, id say steer clear as they are easily broken.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Keep an eye out for these, might be worth a try?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009535784...84.m1438.l2649

synsei Guest

Had a pair of NVA Sound Pipes but they weren't happy in my system at all although others report excellent results. Best IC's I've used by a country mile are RFC Neptunes. Beautifully transparent and dynamic without any adverse nasties at all, I'd recommend them wholeheartedly

http://referencefidelitycomponents.c...rence-neptune/

I'm Brian.

The NVA Soundcords and Super Soundcords are fantastic interconnects and excellent value for money .
    If you want to go further up the price scale I can recommend RFC Reference Pluto interconnects . I've had a pair for a week or so and they sound excellent. http://referencefidelitycomponents.c...ference-pluto/ These will be staying in my system.
    Last edited by brian2957; 23-08-2013 at 14:15.

I'm andrew.

I have a set of NVA Sound Pipes and Super Sound Pipes they are both very good interconnects, I have moved over to RFC Pluto and Mercurys when I shifted stuff about the NVA's were to short.
    If you are interested they will be up for sale and are around 0.6 m in length.
    Andy.

I'm Jason.

Nick, I have many pairs of NVA SSP.

Pros: good transparent sound. No one can say they sound bad and I've never heard anyone say they sound bad.

Cons: stiff, PITA to use and connections break easily (all bar one of my pairs are currently sitting broken). The more you plug/unplug them, the more likely they break. Richard Dunne of NVA will probably repair them from free, but will call you an idiot and make you feel bad while he does it... More seriously they have no shielding, so if you have a potentially noisy EMI/RFI environment they will introduce noise into your system. E.g. wireless, plasma tvs, dimmers etc will potentially cause hissing from your speakers. I replaced my AV interconnects from SSP to these low capacitance ones from Blue Jean Cable and in terms of sound quality I couldn't tell the difference. However, they are very well shielded and so the hissing vanished, so win-win. And from a mechanical perspective they also have one of the best plugs I've come across.
    Jason™

Built by Hand, Tuned by Life

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Figlet108 View Post
    Richard Dunne of NVA will probably repair them from free, but will call you an idiot and make you feel bad while he does it...
    Especially if you're gay!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast