• 8 out of 10

0 0%
  • 9 out of 10

2 22.22%
  • 10 out of 10

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club - Week 106: 13.08.2013: Howard Jones - Dream Into Action (1985)

synsei Guest

A pretty good result for Mr Jones so far He's certainly gone down better with the crowd than my Third World selection from a few weeks ago which appears to have frightened members off even listening to it...

I'm Val.

Wow, this brought back some memories. I went to Camberwell School of Art in the early 80's and ran the Students Union Bar for extra money. in 1982 we had Howard and his band booked for the last Friday of every month for a whole year. I seem to remember we payed them £150 which included his mime artist, the PA and lighting!!

He was a very good live act and the union was usually at capacity when he played.

9/10 from me, partly because of the great memories!

Val
    Amplification: Self built Nick Gorham el84 loaded 6080 valve line stage feeding Silk TVC's > Lyngdorf RP-1 > Self built 5687/300b PP ITX based on Lundahl & O'Nectics iron feeding Mid & Top and JBL MPA600 on Bass duties.
    Speakers: JBL 4344

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Val33 View Post
    Wow, this brought back some memories. I went to Camberwell School of Art in the early 80's and ran the Students Union Bar for extra money. in 1982 we had Howard and his band booked for the last Friday of every month for a whole year. I seem to remember we payed them £150 which included his mime artist, the PA and lighting!!

He was a very good live act and the union was usually at capacity when he played.

9/10 from me, partly because of the great memories!

Val
    Nice memories Val, wish I'd been there

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    A pretty good result for Mr Jones so far He's certainly gone down better with the crowd than my Third World selection from a few weeks ago which appears to have frightened members off even listening to it...
    Since I don't subscribe to Spotify (and don't want to), unless some YouTube links are provided I cannot engage in these discussions.
    Barry

synsei Guest

Something to consider in the future then. Sorry Barry I didn't think to put up a YT link in my own listing. I will endeavour to find one if available...

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Since I don't subscribe to Spotify (and don't want to), unless some YouTube links are provided I cannot engage in these discussions.
    Try this:

Lawrence

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nor do I but you can use it free, it stops now and then for an advert thats all.

MartinT Guest

Wow, this takes me back, bringing memories of a different era, different lifestyle and different relationships. As a throw-back, it works wonders. As music, it engages me a lot less, I'm afraid. Some good memorable tunes, so I'll give it 6/10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12