+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Wouldn't Give House-Room To

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm a Smiths hater too - and yes I was a teenager in the '80s

Others:

Collins - he can't sing to save his life - get over it

Genesis - I've tried but I don't get it. And the post PG stuff is dire - Invisible Touch must be one of the worst albums ever - crap cover too

Yes - Again I've tried, I really have. It's mostly meandering shite

U2 - apart from the odd tune

Coldplay - Bedwetter's music

Pet Shop Boys - I understand the appeal. But not for me.

Eurythmics - likewise

White Stripes - get a bass player you knob, it's not optional in a rock band.

One thing I don't understand is why people dismiss rap - yes the bulk of it is shite. If you want to give it a chance try Snoop Dog - Doggystyle - some great tunes but be careful if you have young kids you may not want them to hear some of the lyrics...or for something a bit more sophisticated - Wu tang Clan. Best to assume all the bitch/hoe/motherfu**ker stuff is meant ironically of course
    I think many are brought down by their stable mates abd albums before or after

Smiths have a very few stand out tracks. Rest are so so and M’s vocals not good <cough>

Collins – some good work on Genesis. As a solo artist can’t see it. Radio 2 fodder

Genesis – There was a period where they were excellent. Try Trick of the tail, Seconds out, Lamb Lies down, Wind and Wuthering.
    I don’t go for anything else of theirs. I saw them live at the not so good periods and missed out on the above for years. Steve Hackett seems to be the influencer for me

Yes – Some superb stuff with some ponderous and pretentious tracks even on the same album
    Try The Yes Album, Time and a Word, Yes. The later stuff is not for me and that may be what you have heard

U2
    Coldplay
    Pet Shop Boys
    Eurythmics

All agreed

White Stripes - get a bass player you knob, it's not optional in a rock band
    Would be useful, but I like a lot of their stuff

Rap I see as similar to most pop music. It is popular and is shite – in the main. Fodder for fodder.
    Add to that the attitude and I just move on. I see the prancing they do the same as the prancing ninny boy and girl bands.
    Take it back to Motown and that was ok, Jackson too it to another level and then almost everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Dancing good, music not important
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    I

Rap I see as similar to most pop music. It is popular and is shite – in the main. Fodder for fodder.
    Add to that the attitude and I just move on. I see the prancing they do the same as the prancing ninny boy and girl bands.
    Lol -if you ever happen to run into any of the Wu Tang Clan probably best not to air that point of view
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

synsei Guest

I have Greenday's entire discography squatting on MD, I really must set about evicting them before they get too settled...

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Ah poo... I set my fingers in motion before engaging the old grey matter...
    Nicely changed there, mate

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Lana Del Ray (she's right at the top)

Adele
    Michael Bubble
    Phil Collins
    Rumer
    Any boy band
    .... oh the list is endlesss ....

. . . and pretty much anyone from a UK based so called talent show . . . talent? . . . oh please
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Nicely changed there, mate
    Mind you, how about ending this sentence with a preposition ?

CaRP

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    CaRP
    LOL - I haven't seen that in a while. Mind you, my work colleagues would say that it's my motto

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    LOL - I haven't seen that in a while. Mind you, my work colleagues would say that it's my motto
    When you want to get things right there is no relative right - except for most people !

Mike

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Marc Bolan and T Rex
    Genesis
    Queen
    Mott the Hoople
    Tom Waites (sorry - the sound of his voice makes me want to be sick!)
    Tiny Tim
    Wild Man Fisher

Virtually all heavy metal groups: Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden

Michael Jackson (again sorry - he just doesn't do anything for me)
    Adele
    Celine Dion
    I'm sure there will be others that will come to me later.
    Barry

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Teenager??? I'm not sure I remember what one of them is
    Teenagers are revolting. Glad I've never been one.
    Last edited by Andrei; 18-08-2013 at 02:29. Reason: error
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast