+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does Jazz Loft sound so good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Steve.

Default Why does Jazz Loft sound so good?

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this internet station sounds so exceptional?

http://jazzloft.de/

I listen through my system via Squeezebox Touch. It doesn't appear compressed to me, always warm, relaxed yet dynamic. I've purchased CDs of artists I've heard here, ripped them and played them back through the Touch via powered hard drive; they don't sound as good and I suspect they use vinyl, but there must be more to it than that.

I haven't found another station on the Touch that even comes close. Music style aside, does anyone have other recommendations of quality stations for me to try?
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Steve.

Default Internet Radio

Seriously?

I can't have found the only subject that nobody has an opinion on
    Steve & Valerie

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Seriously?

I can't have found the only subject that nobody has an opinion on
    Thanks for the link - I will stream it off my laptop into my DP777 - no idea what that will be like but we shall see
    Never heard of the station but right up my street.

Johnny Lytle - Little Sunflower is playing at the minute - out of my Sony's Vaio's speakers - and wow!!!!!!!

Regards Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Never heard of the station but right up my street.
    It's great Sunday morning, become a bit of a ritual in our house now. Don't think I've had it on more than half a dozen times when I've not found a new artist to check out. My current obsessions that just won't leave the player are Tord Gustavsen/ Changing Places and Anouar Brahem/ The Astounding Eyes of Rita.

There's something about the replay that just gets the musical connection across. They tend to go through half an hour of a particular style, say acoustic guitar then change to chilled piano, then latin, etc.
    Steve & Valerie

I'm ILOB.

Lol
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Craig.

It's alright, but only on par with Smooth Jazz 24/7,
    And Smooth Jazz Tampa Bay, both to my ears sound better, but I do admit not being overly keen on the older jazz that the Loft plays.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    It's alright, but only on par with Smooth Jazz 24/7,
    And Smooth Jazz Tampa Bay, both to my ears sound better, but I do admit not being overly keen on the older jazz that the Loft plays.
    Thanks, I'll check those out Craig. It depends when you listen to Jazz Loft, I hear a lot of new releases personally. I used to listen to Smooth Jazz all the time a few years back when they started releasing their compilation albums but I went off it and haven't tried lately.
    Steve & Valerie

I'm Peter.

Jazz Loft is new to me, but I'm already hooked.
    Thanks for the link, Steve!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Jazz Loft is new to me, but I'm already hooked.
    Thanks for the link, Steve!
    Your welcome

I'm still intrigued as to why or how the station sounds so - well, I'll say organic, rather than analogue. We're starting to say analogue as being the opposite of digital artificialilty, but my system is digital and natural sounding. However, Jazz loft seems to me to have a tube-like sound and I've already got plenty of those. So do they boost a certain frequency range or something? If so I'd like some of that for my file replay
    Steve & Valerie

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Thanks, I used to listen to Smooth Jazz all the time a few years back when they started releasing their compilation albums but I went off it and haven't tried lately.
    Ah, there are quite a few stations that start with Smooth Jazz, the ones I'm referring to aren't just called that, the name just starts with it, as in Smooth Jazz 24/7 etc.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast