+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Should I Get A Turntable?

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    An example of the type of thing I am talking about - Oxfam at Seaham, Led Zep II, admitadly the sought after red and plum label, £15. Sounds a bargin, till you look at it, the cover was in very bad condition with stains on it and bits torn away. Slide out the record and you would think someone had rubed 60 grit sand paper accross it (no exaggeration) it would probably have ripped the tip off your cartridge if you had attempted to play it the scores were so deep.
    Yes, I saw a plum Led Zep III in Manchester a week or so a go for around the same price - cover looked great but disc looked similarly unplayable. I do wonder what kind of efforts people make to get their vinyl in this kind of condition??
    Last edited by julesd68; 14-08-2013 at 11:55.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Mike.

And to make things even worse, theres no telling if the apparently mistreated surface of the record even is audible when you play it!
    I have records that look like they're fresh of the pressing, sounds like frying bacon.. And i also have records that look like theyve been used as doormats, not a pop or click in earsight, just beautiful sounds...

Regards /Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    And to make things even worse, theres no telling if the apparently mistreated surface of the record even is audible when you play it!
    I have records that look like they're fresh of the pressing, sounds like frying bacon.. And i also have records that look like theyve been used as doormats, not a pop or click in earsight, just beautiful sounds...
    Regards /Mike
    I have seen a few like that. In the minority though I think
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Yes, I saw a plum Led Zep III in Manchester a week or so a go for around the same price - cover looked great but disc looked similarly unplayable. I do wonder what kind of efforts people make to get their vinyl in this kind of condition??

Play them when they are drunk

Seriously I've a few records from the early seventies, my wife's Bowie and Roxy Music albums and some of my old singles, which are totally wrecked down to amount of times they have been played but i would never part with them.

My wife's maiden name is written on some of them from when she was twelve and thirteen, these are really not records anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728