+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Headphone recommendations please...

I'm Paul.

I've had Sony headphones in the past and was very happy with them. In fact, they were what I upgraded from when I bought the Grado's.

I wonder if I could find somewhere where I could test headphones like the Sennheiser's, Grado's etc... Like I said, I was impressed with the B&W's but to be honest I had nothing but Dr Dre crapy things to compare them with.... rarr, my brother bought those overblown willy magnets just because they have Dr Dre in the name and are fashionable, irrespective or the fact they can be bettered for half the price........div!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Sorry for being naive Tim, but what is Wittlebury?
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm sorted.

Can vouch for the Sony MDR-1Rs, they've usurped my Grados in the late night listening stakes

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Sorry for being naive Tim, but what is Wittlebury?
    http://www.chestergroup.org/nationalaudioshow
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Can vouch for the Sony MDR-1Rs, they've usurped my Grados in the late night listening stakes
    Which model of Grado's did you have Roy?

I'm Paul.

Oh there... Doh!

I'm sorted.

Which model of Grado's did you have Roy?
    SR80s

I'm Paul.

Ok and you find the Sony's a lot better?

I'm sorted.

Ok and you find the Sony's a lot better?
    Wouldn't say 'a lot', just prefer the sound & find them a little less tiring to listen to & they are more comfortable. (Mainly listening to Grooveshark via a Beresford 7520 DAC)

I'm Paul.

I agree that my Grado's do have an issue with fatigue so it is interesting that you have chosen Sony's... Looks like I am going to have to look far and wide for the right pair

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast