+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice wanted on new Receiver and blueray

I'm Richard.

Default Advice wanted on new Receiver and blueray

I'm in the market for a new inexpensive blu-ray/DVD player and an AV receiver for a total of circa £400.

What's the best combination that you would recommend at that price?

I'd thought of Panasonic DMPBDT320 and Onkyo TX-NR515, but I gather that there have been a lot of reliability issues with the Onkyo.

- Richard
    Pioneer N-50; Lakewest MDAC Premium Fusion; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s; 2xAE subwoofers; Isotek GII Sigmas

I'm Paul.

Hi Richard,

I am not that up on the 'modern' surround sound technology but what you describe sounds good. I know that both Yamaha and Denon amplifiers have been rated highly in the past so might be worth having a look at them too.

If you are looking to stream video's I would highly recommend the Apple TV 3 too, great bit of kit and reasonably priced (for an Apple product )!

For Blu-ray It would again be worth looking at Denon too.

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Richard.

Thanks, but I think Denon might be a bit more than I was hoping to pay. In the end, I decided on
    YAMAHA RXV673, and
    PANASONIC DMPBDT500 MR
    for a total of about £650 including next day delivery and refundable extra guarantee payments.

- Richard.
    Pioneer N-50; Lakewest MDAC Premium Fusion; Benchmark AHB2; Quad ESL 2805s; 2xAE subwoofers; Isotek GII Sigmas

I'm Paul.

Richard,

I am sure the system you've plumped for will be more than adequate

You'll have to put up a few pics once you have it in place

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

+ Reply to Thread