+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Journeys end...?

I'm fuckoff.

The only thing I'm toying with the idea of is a pre amp, after some of the info I've picked up on here, but I'm in no rush right now.

Thanks Dave.

This is the result of just under 3 years hardcore research, learning, mistakes, frustration and fun. I'm finally happy to sit back and listen to the music and not the hi fi.

The Ushers are a work of art, the pictures don't do them justice and they sound better than they look I was worried that they reach to 26hz, but the bass isn't overwhelming at all, it just reaches lower and sounds more wholesome for it. As for the diamond tweeter, its ribbon like in the heights it reaches but sound neutral and Smith. Top stuff.

The amp is partly to thank here; more power than I'll never need and the headroom is palpable, effortless presentation that delivers neutral representation across the range.

Tbh, a big to this forum, I learnt pretty much everything I know about audio from this place, so thank you all for your patience and guidance; I see the this as a sum of all my work and your tips combined; finally happy
    Last edited by realysm42; 26-07-2013 at 20:55.

I'm Dave.

Well done Martin glad to hear your happy. But give it a few months (when your ears get used to the sound) and you will yearn for something different...

It's the way of things...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Looks cracking, well done, and enjoy!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    Not for all of us Dave . . . its just music for me and nowt else. I stopped chasing my tail sometime ago now and just relax into the music and spend my money on buying more

Nice job Martin and your evolution has been quite something, is there anything left there from your original system?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    Well done Martin glad to hear your happy. But give it a few months (when your ears get used to the sound) and you will yearn for something different...

Lol, we shall see. My ethos for the system is something that punches well above its weight for the money. I really believe I've achieved the this!

Bearing that in mind, I can't reasonably move forward without spending megabucks now; I don't want to move sideways, only forward and given I've got synergy and balance, I'm content

Thanks Ali and for your help in crafting it!

Amen Tim.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

You're welcome, but I've no idea what I did!

Nice pics though, looks very nice indeed.

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    You're welcome, but I've no idea what I did!

Nice pics though, looks very nice indeed.
    For starters, got me interested in a certain chaps valve DAC.

Answered a lot of questions for me over time. There are certain people on here who I have an inkling to listen to.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye well, Nick may be a mate, but I would never recommend his stuff to other folk just because of that, it stands on it's own, folk just need to listen for themselves.

I might get accused of the "S" word!

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Aye well, Nick may be a mate, but I would never recommend his stuff to other folk just because of that, it stands on it's own, folk just need to listen for themselves.

I might get accused of the "S" word!
    Fair point. I mean the thread you created about it got me interested; you never actively recommended it to me!

Having said that, based purely on my own experience, if you're looking for a DAC, buy it

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I will be, just need to save up first!

Always happy to try and help folk, it's what places like this are all about is it not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast