+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Journeys end...?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post

I sold my Magtech to partially fund the new P6 monos, which was a more significant upgrade that I had anticipated. Honestly, it's criminal how little fuss has been made about them! I know Bigman80 rates their little brothers (the MFA versions).
    I agree I think the P6 are exceptionally good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Hi Martin, thanks.

I need to update my signature lol. The preamp (at the top-centre) is a Music First Audio Baby Reference MK II TVC.

I sold my Magtech to partially fund the new P6 monos, which was a more significant upgrade that I had anticipated. Honestly, it's criminal how little fuss has been made about them! I know Bigman80 rates their little brothers (the MFA versions).
    Hello Martin, how do you like the Ushers? And what have you got them sat on? Cheers Jim. Aah just noticed the s 520s were just a stop gap
    Last edited by Pieoftheday; 22-04-2019 at 15:29.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm paul.

After building such a nice looking rack and setting all your kit up looking beautiful, I would think you could do better with your barrier. Come on now, make something practical and in keeping.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Hello Martin, how do you like the Ushers? And what have you got them sat on? Cheers Jim. Aah just noticed the s 520s were just a stop gap
    Hi James, the little Ushers are fantastic speakers.

When I plumbed them in I had prejudged them and I ended up being more impressed with what they can do, rather than being disappointed by what they can’t (as you’d expect this is deep bass and huge dynamics).

When you factor in their price, I consider them to be an absolute bargain. They’re also transparent enough to respond to the last few upgrades I’ve made (whole new cable loom and amps).

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    After building such a nice looking rack and setting all your kit up looking beautiful, I would think you could do better with your barrier. Come on now, make something practical and in keeping.

I must try harder! I may paint it in future tbh.

If I were mega serious about it I should build a diffuser into it! Now there’s a project.

I'm James.

Hi James, the little Ushers are fantastic speakers.

When I plumbed them in I had prejudged them and I ended up being more impressed with what they can do, rather than being disappointed by what they can’t (as you’d expect this is deep bass and huge dynamics).

When you factor in their price, I consider them to be an absolute bargain. They’re also transparent enough to respond to the last few upgrades I’ve made (whole new cable loom and amps).
    I have a pair myself, unfortunately in storage as I don't currently have space for hifi. I don't think I've been able to hear them at their best, though they did pretty good on the end of a Cambridge Azur 651w, cheers Jim. The rack looks great BTW
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I have a pair myself, unfortunately in storage as I don't currently have space for hifi. I don't think I've been able to hear them at their best, though they did pretty good on the end of a Cambridge Azur 651w, cheers Jim. The rack looks great BTW
    Yes, honestly, I'm amazed at how 'cheap' speakers can sound amazing in a rig. It's actually been educational for me and I can see how a good pair of bookshelves can be enough speaker for many people (depending on the musical tastes). Great speakers scale well with systems I find.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback re: the rack. I wanted something functional, useful yet beautiful and I'm happy with the result.

I'm Neil.

There’s a lot less to go wrong in simple two way standmounts. I agree that seemingly modest ones can really open up with expensive gear behind them.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Chris.

I spent years...decades....thinking bigger was better, but making these ...https://6moons.com/audioreviews/zigm...gmahornet.html
    got me to realise that small COULD sound good.
    AND 'full-range'!
    The quality persuaded me to get my current Ocellia Calliopes (which ain't 'small' but.....)
    I'm thinking of Kroma Mimis, if I ever sell the Calliopes!
    https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/kroma2/
    Chris.

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    There’s a lot less to go wrong in simple two way standmounts. I agree that seemingly modest ones can really open up with expensive gear behind them.
    Amen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast