+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Nina, give them a while and if you can leave your system on over night at low levels to help with the burn in, they should open up a lot!
    And if you've done this Ninanina & if you hear them open up a lot, switch your cables to the old ones.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    l tried them and yes SMOOTH AND ROUNDED were the first impressions l got also and great tonal colour.
    Agree, a very rich-sounding cable.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    And if you've done this Ninanina & if you hear them open up a lot, switch your cables to the old ones.
    Why?

synsei Guest

I'd guess because it is being thorough, and also because it is not beyond the realms of possibility that one might prefer the original cables to the TQ's after all that. I'd want to be absolutely sure before parting with my monies

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I'd guess because it is being thorough, and also because it is not beyond the realms of possibility that one might prefer the original cables to the TQ's after all that. I'd want to be absolutely sure before parting with my monies
    I read it as if you hear a change over time then go back to the originals and call it a day; I agree swapping back to double check makes sense.

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    I read it as if you hear a change over time then go back to the originals and call it a day; I agree swapping back to double check makes sense.
    I did this when comparing the Blues to the Belkins and the Belkins came out on top. Similarly I did the same with the Belkins and the Sharkwire cable I use now and the Sharkwire blows the Belkins out of the water. The sound is far more natural and unforced, in fact I have never been as comfortable with a system as I am with this one just now. That's not to say I can't make improvements somewhere, I'm sure I could, but these days I sit and chill to music without thoughts running through my mind such as, "I wish there was more bass definition... If only cymbals shimmered more naturally... Are those steel or nylon strings on that guitar?"

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Well I am just about to go back to my 'old' speaker cable.....

I'll be back with my very first impressions of old vs new .... give me a min
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

synsei Guest

I'm all ears (or should that be eyes?)

Just got to let all the valves warm up a bit... then we'll be off
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Ok....

The VERY first thing that strikes me is the word 'BRASH' for the old speaker cable..... but watch this space.... next update v soon
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast