+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Thanks for all your comments

I should be getting the TQ Blacks tomorrow

I will report back as soon as I've plumbed them in

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks for all your comments

I should be getting the TQ Blacks tomorrow

I will report back as soon as I've plumbed them in

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

Well the TQ Black is in

First word that comes to mind is 'smooth'...... that's as far as I've got

Would anyone else use this word re: TQ Blacks ??
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I had the Blue then upgraded to the Black and have gone back to the Blue again.

The Blue to me has a dynamic and lively sound while the Black is a lot smoother and more 'rounded'. Others have the Black and are very happy with it but it wasn't for me.

In the great scheme of all things speaker cable related, they give a very good sound relative to their price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I used to use TQ Black. I found it coloured & when switching between it and my NVA cable it seemed like the highs were rolled off. As Frank reported I perceived a 'smoothing' effect, which would actually work well to tame bright systems or recordings...

In comparison my LFD Hybrid Ribbon cable is more open, natural, refined & with less 'character'.

EDIT: Sovereign did a good comparative review here & his findings pretty much matched up with mine: http://www.audiochews.com/discussion...r-cable#Item_1

Ooops I should have read the thread better
    Bev

synsei Guest

We are all guilty of this from time to time, don't worry about it. Give the Blacks time to bed in, ya never know

I'm fuckoff.

Nina, give them a while and if you can leave your system on over night at low levels to help with the burn in, they should open up a lot!

I'm tony.

bev check yer pm.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Well the TQ Black is in

First word that comes to mind is 'smooth'...... that's as far as I've got

Would anyone else use this word re: TQ Blacks ??

l tried them and yes SMOOTH AND ROUNDED were the first impressions l got also and great tonal colour.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

Well the next update is:

1) Very detailed without brightness
    2) It's so easy to follow vocals, even on tracks I'm not that familiar with I seem to know what words coming next... I don't know if that makes any sense at all
    3) Lots of emotion; a track just gave me a tear in my eye, and that rarely happens.... maybe I'm just a big softy!!
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast