Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Bev who is letting you try a pair, they maybe already run in

Best Col
    Hi Col
    The lovely people at MCRU

Thanks
    Bev
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm fuckoff.

Ultra blacks here, I've demoed lots of other stuff and units remained king if the castle, so far. For me it sounded good straight away but got better with time for sure.

I'm Steve.

I am running the blue's and they are great, they seem to be a really good match for my amp and speakers so i guess i got lucky!
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Technics SL-PG490 CD Player
    Pioneer N-50 - Network Streamer
    Sony MDS-JB940 Mini Disc Player
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers:
    Paradigm Monitor 7 Monitors
    Paradigm Centre
    Mordaunt Short Rears
    Cables:
    Tellurium Blue speaker cables with bridges
    and terminated with Z plugs
    Black Rhodium twist.

I'm fuckoff.

I can vouch for that, opened Steve's system right up; even his wife mentioned how good it sounded lol!

I'm tony.

Bev PM sent.....do a search in AOS I did a wee write up that might help.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Just wondering how many peeps are using the Tellurium Q Black speaker cable?

Can anyone comment on its sound compared to other speaker cable they have used?

Cheers

Bev
    I used to use TQ Black. I found it coloured & when switching between it and my NVA cable it seemed like the highs were rolled off. As Frank reported I perceived a 'smoothing' effect, which would actually work well to tame bright systems or recordings...

In comparison my LFD Hybrid Ribbon cable is more open, natural, refined & with less 'character'.

EDIT: Sovereign did a good comparative review here & his findings pretty much matched up with mine: http://www.audiochews.com/discussion...r-cable#Item_1
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Craig.

I have the TQ Black, and must admit the jaw drop effect wasn't as great as when I first plumbed in the Blues........

I keep wanting to retry the Blues if anyone has a 2m pair........?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I used to use TQ Black. I found it coloured & when switching between it and my NVA cable it seemed like the highs were rolled off.
    That is exactly what I experienced in my system using the 'Blues' in place of the Belkin cables I used back then...

I'm tony.

Recently retried the blue....very lively, brighter, in yer face....nice strong bass. very nice. Back to black( no AC/DC pun intended) different league composure,refinement nothing missing just everything had been cleaned up/less colouration.
    they're both good but in my set up/ears/room the black was major upgrade sonically. IMHO

synsei Guest

As I mentioned earlier in the thread Tony, it's entirely possible the Blues may not have been a good match with other components in my system. Since I am now using a different power amp I may well revisit the Blues at some point in the future to pit them against my current reference cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast