+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Bullsh*t!

What do you think all your precious recordings were made with? MILES and MILES (in the case of those lovely BBC live broadcasts) of standard mic cable - properly impedance matched, fitted with durable plugs and sockets and snaking all over the place! You think the engineers gave a toss about direction or how much added carbon there was to tweak the sound? Phase shift at AUDIO frequencies? Do leave off

If DOMESTIC audio equipment was properly designed, you wouldn't need to worry about foo wires costing thousands. Ah, but some of the most endearing gear WAS properly designed and cables above a certain decent manufacturing standard make fugg-all difference IMO unless they're designed to manipulate the signal in some way - so therefore NOT 'HiFi' to the original source.

I'm obviously not a gear freak any more and far too old and cynical for forums such as this one's fast becoming. Best to back off before I'm kicked off Rega, who are they? I think I need a holiday.............
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Another cable debate which will end in tears
    It doesn't have to though.

So much time and energy wasted on people getting mixed up on opinions and facts.

I'm fuckoff.

perhaps I spoke too soon

I'm Tom.

This thread is mere a "discussion" with opinions flying every which way - most of it conjecture to be honest.

Whatever we think or say, no doubt Bev will do her own thing

I'm Deleted.

I've never heard any cable alter at all with prolonged use. I'm not saying cables don't sound different, I think they do - I just don't think that 'cable burn in' exists.
    Account Deleted

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    You can't make that assumption though Beobloke (sorry I don't know your real name).

I can't speak for Nina, but if you've got everything else right in your system, you might not want to change the components or actually £1,000 by itself might not make a big difference, there are too many variables to argue over.

Ultimately she has to make the choice based on what she's hearing.
    I completely agree! Equally, maybe you're right in that I'm making an assumption too far, but I just feel that if I was to spend £1000 on my own system, it would be to make quite a big change or to gain some sort of large improvement, not to tweak it slightly. As a result, I'd be doing something more drastic than changing speaker cables. That's just me, though...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm tony.

Im looking forward to readings Bevs impressions-her ears/kit/room/music.......
    I might never own a Ferrari, but loved driving one at knockhill as a birthday present a couple of years ago, Just a couple of laps but it was a great experience.........my poverty spec Punto could have drove round exactly the same track but it was fantastic driving a special car.

the quote that best sums up this to me goes along the line of "if i have to explain, you wouldn't understand".

To me this is a hobby, folk out they're work really hard making stuff that lets me enjoy my music more, if I can afford it I buy it and enjoy it. Try it and write up your own opinion....but at least take it for a couple of laps before criticising the product or people who have bought, designed it or god forbid try to make a living selling it.

I'm Mike.

I tried the Black and Ultra Black against the Naim NAC A5 (or clone) I have

From posts here I was expecting the A5 to be trounced - not so.
    In fact we preferred the A5 on most music.
    Naim 500 into late Isobariks.
    Complete system has had further upgrades since

I'd be prepared to try it again when other things change
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post

3) Lots of emotion; a track just gave me a tear in my eye, and that rarely happens.... maybe I'm just a big softy!!
    Hey that's what music and hifi is for !

Put Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings on and if you don't have it take 500 lines right away, I'll start you off
    Must buy Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings
    Must buy Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    To me this is a hobby, folk out they're work really hard making stuff that lets me enjoy my music more, if I can afford it I buy it and enjoy it. Try it and write up your own opinion....but at least take it for a couple of laps before criticising the product or people who have bought, designed it or god forbid try to make a living selling it.
    Well said Tony.... my own thoughts exactly ......
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast