+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Default Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable

Just wondering how many peeps are using the Tellurium Q Black speaker cable?

Can anyone comment on its sound compared to other speaker cable they have used?

Cheers

Bev
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Tom.

I had the Blue then upgraded to the Black and have gone back to the Blue again.

The Blue to me has a dynamic and lively sound while the Black is a lot smoother and more 'rounded'. Others have the Black and are very happy with it but it wasn't for me.

In the great scheme of all things speaker cable related, they give a very good sound relative to their price.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    I had the Blue then upgraded to the Black and have gone back to the Blue again.

The Blue to me has a dynamic and lively sound while the Black is a lot smoother and more 'rounded'. Others have the Black and are very happy with it but it wasn't for me.

In the great scheme of all things speaker cable related, they give a very good sound relative to their price.
    Thanks Frank
    I think a slightly smoother cable may be better for me as the Klipsch can be somewhat 'hot' if not fed right. I've certainly read loads of good things about TQ so can't wait for my trial set to arrive

Bev
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Thanks Frank
    I think a slightly smoother cable may be better for me as the Klipsch can be somewhat 'hot' if not fed right. I've certainly read loads of good things about TQ so can't wait for my trial set to arrive

Bev
    I think you have made the right choice with the Blacks Bev because the Klipsch speakers are none too forgiving with the wrong ancillaries. The Blacks do have a very smooth midband and treble, yet they don't mask any of the finer details in the recording.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The TQ stuff is very good, better than anything else I've tried so far. Takes a while to run in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    The TQ stuff is very good, better than anything else I've tried so far. Takes a while to run in though.
    Yeah I've heard it can take some time to run in. How long in your experience Ali?
    Bev

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hard to say exactly, probably 50-100 hours or so.

synsei Guest

Although I have no experience using TQ Black Bev, I did have some TQ Blue cables on trial for a while and I couldn't get on with them. Having said that I was using a Mini-T to drive the DM2's at the time and a few members have suggested there may have been a mismatch between the T-Amp, cables and the DM2's. I am running a QUAD 306 these days so who knows, maybe the Blue's would work better in my current set up. I will say though that the Sharkwire cables I am currently using sound superb. This does illustrate perfectly that what might work for some won't necessarily work for others, which is why it is always important to trial stuff

I'm Gone.

Couldn't agree more. Speaker cables can be very dependant upon what is either side of them in the chain, so to speak. I keep a few different sets because changing kit often means changing speaker cable to get the best results. The best all rounder I've ever found is that Arrow cable that Jerry "discovered" on EBay.

I also fully agree with your comments on "try before you buy". It can really save you a fortune and costs you nothing bless you are completely happy.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Yeah I've heard it can take some time to run in. How long in your experience Ali?
    Bev who is letting you try a pair, they maybe already run in

Best Col

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast