+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epiphany acoustics ehp 02

I'm tony.

Very good!!!!

I'm Robin.

Got one of these on order so can comment later if anyone's interested.

http://www.njc-audio.co.uk/html/monitor2.html
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm tony.

looks like a nice bit of kit/pre amp to boot.......be interested to know how you get on with it once its had a while to settle down.
    bear in mind the epiphany gives you change from a £100 and can be used without any mains Bourne nasties......keep us posted, nice to see another British manufacturer producing reasonable money kit!!!!1

I'm tony.

after about 100 hours my amp has really started to open up.........left cans playing whilst listening to the main hi fi. for the can users on the site well worth a punt just wish they offered a version with phono outs.
    i currently run a maplin 3.5mm-phono converter and phonos into the pre......tried a belkin 3.5mm/phono and a Cambridge audio lead but it wasn't a patch on a good quality interconnect with the converer.
    full size 6.3mm headphone plug would also do away with converters........still vfm/sound quality its well worth a punt.

I'm tony.

added an Atratus interconnect from Epiphany into the mix. Running it from the passive pre to the amp with the phono-3.5mm converter completing the connection.
    Initial impressions mirrored very closely the review on hi fi pig that it was a tad bright but it is settling down nicely.....I use senn 650s which are pretty neutral and seem to work well with the interconnect.

I will give it a couple of hundred hours to settle down, but so far very impressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123