+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: SL-1200 DC Power Supply DIY

I'm Tung.

Quote Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
    30v AC rectified will give you 40v DC before the filter bank. The bleeder won't make any difference. What value did you use for the filter resistors? And please post some well-lit, in-focus photos of your PSU please, can't help without them.
    Dear Jim,

I attached the pictures in this post... As you can see, I changed the bleeder back to 1K. I made the serial connected of 2 secondary transformer to get 30v and I have 37v AC before diode bridge.
    trans.jpg trans2.jpg cap.jpg sche.jpg
    Last edited by tungh; 06-01-2020 at 03:41.

I'm Jim.

All those connections look good. How is the bridge connected to the caps?
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Tung.

Quote Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
    All those connections look good. How is the bridge connected to the caps?
    Thanks Jim, I tried to copy from your schematic and pictures.

As you can see on the left hand of the picture I attached, the red wire was connected to the output positive pole (+) of the diode bridge and the white wire is connected to the negative pole (-) of the diode bridge. I am at the office now, so I can not take a picture. Sorry about that!

sche.jpg

I'm Jacek.

After so many years I'm finally planning to do power supply mod. It will be one with own voltage regulation (with tracking pre-regulator configuration). I'm reviewing multiple threads on the topic. And I have one doubt. Everyone I saw was mentioning 21V voltage on regulator output while Technics service manual states 20V. So why to use 1V greater value. 5% it's not much so probably should not hurt but why not to do just 20V?

sl1200.jpg

Never mind, I found it. Newer manual for mk2-a version states 21V.
    Last edited by Bacek; 10-06-2020 at 10:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829