+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite DAC?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I am not interested in what you appreciate or what you assume I imply. That's not my problem. What I do however expect is that you do not give a false impression to those reading your comments and who assume it to be an honest factual description. At least you have clarified this time round that the DAC was not yours. It's irrelevant if you intended to buy it or not. Let's just stick to the facts as you have been reporting them several times.

I have never had problems handling technical queries from anyone who is in the possession of a product of mine, irrespective if it was bought or borrowed. I only refuse to help if it was stolen.

Coming to the point of your statement where you wrote:
    If so the BM won't buy it, you will need to switch off all sources other than the one you are listening to. The control circuitry gets confused when it is seeing two or more active sources which can spurn some odd behaviour.
    This is what you reported here that you experienced with the DAC that you borrowed. However you are clearly implying that this is affecting every Bushmaster even though you only experienced this on one DAC that you tried. The actual owner of the DAC did not have a similar experience. So what exactly is it that you don't appreciate that I am implying? That I had to eventually come out and challenge you with regards to what you wrote? Surely you did not expect me to let it pass unnoticed.

I do recall that you asked me to swap the DAC over for you for a new one. But since it was not your DAC to swap over in the first place, I didn't quite understand how that was supposed to work. Imagine borrowing something from someone and then doing an exchange of it with someone else. Surely few if any would accept such behaviour with something they lent to someone.
    The highlighted sentence is absolutely untrue Stan and I expect a retraction immediately, I would never expect a new replacement for a used product. Nowhere in the quoted post have I suggested members should not buy a BM at all, the sentence "the BM won't buy it" was a figure of speech aimed at the specific unit involved, I did not mean 'every unit' as it is patently obvious that many are happy with their BM's. C'mon Stan you are not a stupid man, why make this personal? You seem to be suggesting that it was immoral of me to have possession of the unit with the intent to buy. Are you suggesting I am a thief?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Guys,
    I am temporarily closing this thread until we decide what to do.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

synsei Guest

Okay, sorry Anthony

Hi All,
    I have now re-opend this thread to allow both Dave and Stan a chance to put things right here once and for all, i would therefore appreciate you give them the chance to do this without interference.
    Anthony,TD...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

synsei Guest

The issue is not with the problematical BM but with the attitude and demeanour of the companies proprietor. If Stanley agrees to remove his unfounded allegation that I demanded a replacement unit then there can be progress, but not until.

I hope that you CAN remember that you asked me if I could remove the Auto function for you. After fitting a modified firmware chip for you you noticed a couple of issues with the new firmware code, which you branded about as a fault inherent to the BM. I have lost count of the number of times you have repeated this claim. At no time did you ask if the modified firmware code had an error that could be fixed. You asked for an exchange of the DAC itself thereby clearly implying that as far as you were concerned the fault is with the DAC, not the modified firmware code. If you insist that you did no such thing then that tells it all for me. I did mention by PM that it was a firmware issue and offered to look at the firmware issue and correct it, but I did not get a reply to that.

The other issue is that you returned the modified DAC back to the owner, instead of first getting the firmware replaced back to its original state with the Auto function working again. But you left it to the owner of the BM to sort out the aftermath of the modification you asked me to carry out. I would have expected anyone who borrowed something from me to at least return it to me in the same operational state defects and all.

synsei Guest

And still you continue to manipulate the truth, welcome to ignore

I'm Tony.

Just a suggestion here guys, why not pick up the phone and talk it through like gentleman.

This does neither of you any favors at all, what ever the reason enter into dialogue strangely enough its a very human thing to do.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I quite agree Tony,
    However, it would seem they have passed that point a long time ago, Stan, i would ask that if you have proof of what you have hilighted as fact, then please pass it on to me in a message, otherwise i will have to ask you to retract your statement.
    A...
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Christian.

Any heard the renaissance invicta dac? Hugely expensive, I am curious to hear if that cost could be justified. I have some fairly worn socks so in my case that would be a no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast