Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: RFC News

I'm gone.

I spent a happy few hours at RFC Central (aka Paul's place) this morning.

My goodness, that Emille amp is a huge lump of metal and glass!
    And the Rega Brio R cdp is quite possibly almost as good as Paul says.

And as far as the finalised RFC Rhapsody speakers are concerned - they are genuinely excellent. Pop off the grilles (which is my sonic preference) and the speed, dynamic heft, transparency and resolution are pretty darn stunning. Vocals, in fact everything has real in-room presence and tangibility. A genuine pleasure to listen to.

Well done, Paul, a great sounding system and those speakers are an excellent achievement that deserves every commercial success.
    Last edited by jandl100; 26-11-2014 at 14:12.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    I spent a happy few hours at RFC Central (aka Paul's place) this morning.

My goodness, that Emille amp is a huge lump of metal and glass!
    And the Rega Brio R cdp is quite possibly almost as good as Paul says.

And as far as the finalised RFC Rhapsody speakers are concerned - they are genuinely excellent. Pop off the grilles (which is my sonic preference) and the speed, dynamic heft, transparency and resolution are pretty darn stunning. Vocals, in fact everything has real in-room presence and tangibility. A genuine pleasure to listen to.

Well done, Paul, a great sounding system and those speakers are an excellent achievement that deserves every commercial success.
    Good to see you again Jerry and a nice choice of music that you brought with you. Some lovely tracks. The Rhapsodys on duty today were using the SE crossovers; a notable step up in performance I think.

I'm Paul.

Hot news:

RFC will be working in association with a very well known UK speaker & components company ( let's call them "Company X" for now ) from 2015.

From the New Year, RFC will be taking on all bespoke loudspeaker design and crossover repair/design services for customers currently contacting Company "X".

This is as a result of increased demand for bespoke speaker designs, DIY kits "gone wrong" and refurbishment demand for older crossovers and speakers. It is partly due to the very positive support and generous feedback received from AoS, the reputation RFC is gaining for loudspeaker design and repair elsewhere too, so my sincere thanks to all of you who have recommended my services. I will of course continue to take direct orders for loudspeaker design & build; crossover refurbishment and design services. I will also be continuing with the Rhapsody speakers, and will be unveiling the new addition to the stable during 2015.

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Hot news:
    !
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    RFC will be working in association with a very well known UK speaker & components company ( let's call them "Company X" for now ) from 2015.
    Good for you Paul!

(a couple of company names spring to mind)
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm jamie.

good news mate,my x-overs will be in the post at the weekend if that's still ok?
    regards,
    J.

I'm Paul.

Thanks guys. No problem RE crossovers Jamie. There's a 2 to 3 week logjam but I should just get them done this side of Christmas for you.

I'm jamie.

sweet thanks.

I'm James.

That's great news mate, all the hard work is paying off.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Mike.

Well done Paul

Not Brand X then ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast