+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Too late. I think you'll find that Tim is already a fan.
    Indeed I am, already have a Brio-R and Rega DAC and I was considering a vintage TT in a few years time, but TBH it will also probably be a Rega. I like what they do and how they sound, they just work without fuss and I don't like fuss. My eventual two systems (one TT based and the other file based audio) will be QUAD, Rega and Harbeth
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Too late. I think you'll find that Tim is already a fan.
    So that's why he's moving to Suffolk !
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Indeed I am, already have a Brio-R and Rega DAC and I was considering a vintage TT in a few years time, but TBH it will also probably be a Rega. I like what they do and how they sound, they just work without fuss and I don't like fuss. My eventual two systems (one TT based and the other file based audio) will be QUAD, Rega and Harbeth
    Rega seem to do the VFM rather well.
    BTW I would consider moving to Dorset.
    Why you goin to Suffolk ?
    From my brief looks at Suffolk it's flat and boring
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    From my brief looks at Suffolk it's flat and boring
    Exactly and the more people that think that, the happier I'll be.
    Anyway, we seem to be drifting off topic somewhat - sorry David
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Suffolk aint boring I can assure you and it isn't that flat either, although I would say that the vibe where I live is more like Tring used to be in the 1960's before easy access to the M25 ruined the place and pushed once affordable house prices through the roof

All I can say now is that when we venture to Bedfordshire to see bro-in-law and boys, we're always glad to return over the 'border.' The air's better too the further east you go
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

I've just been listening to the new Rega Saturn-r, DAC/player. It didn't take more than a few seconds to realise that this is a seriously good machine by any standards.

It has several digital inputs including coax, optical and asynchronous HDMI. It employs a new Wolfsson chip in the DAC, revised power supplies and board layout. The price will be £1598 and is expected to be available at the end of September.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Any pics?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

Not this time. Flat battery in my camera..

I'm Gone.

This is the only reasonable pic I could find. It's something I'd be interested in hearing.
    I have left AOS.

I'm Dave.

Close but the one I heard is the final model before production and is better finished with a different button configuration.

Well worth hearing when available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast