+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Neil.

Gotta love the Albarry styling. How does the 'house sound' compare with the likes of LFD?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Haven't heard the LFD for a few years now, but I found it a little 'cool' with music signals - not that any modern well designed amp should sound any different.....

Next up Dave please - THE QUADS!!!! The new Reference range offers pretty fair value still amongst their peers and the look a bit meaner too I believe.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Haven't heard the LFD for a few years now, but I found it a little 'cool' with music signals - not that any modern well designed amp should sound any different.....

Next up Dave please - THE QUADS!!!! The new Reference range offers pretty fair value still amongst their peers and the look a bit meaner too I believe.....
    Interesting, "cool" is the last word I'd use to describe an LFD amp. I'd say they have a warm balance for sure, but amps like the PA0 can sound bright with a sub-optimal setup.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Dave.

I think Dave is thinking back to older LFD. The Integrated IV I have here has a lot more body than previous models.

I'm Dave.

Here it is - the new Rega Elicit-r, integrated amp.

100 wpc, with loadsa inputs including a very good MM stage. Price is £1598.

In my eagerness to get it up and running, I forgot to remove the protective plastic from the front panel. Now looking forward to the matching Saturn-r, which Rega describe as a DAC with transport. Meaning it has lots of digital inputs.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Oh Gawd, a Brio R on steroids and I'm sure it'll sound really great - the way I described the looks, so there'll be little more to add if you know how good a Brio R is in the general scheme of things

I'm Paul.

They look great David

I'm Dave.

The latest What Hi-Fi has a great 5 star review of the Rega Elicit-r.

I'm David.

(Shill ) - They loved it!!!!!!!!!

I'm Dave.

I've got loads of new products in this month and I don't know where to begin.

So, I'll start with a little competition.

[/URL]

First one to correctly guess what this is will win two CDs of my choice.

Not you DSJR..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast