+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Dave.

Now taking orders for the Harbeth XD range. delivery approx 4 weeks from order and mail order is available at no extra cost.

I'm Dave.

Please note that Radlett Audio has not closed the doors during the Covid lockdowns.

Still supplying mail order, of course and you can order over the phone or e-mail and collect without coming into contact with each other.

www.radlettaudio.co.uk

I'm Dave.

Just realised I've been a bit remiss, posting on this blog, just two posts in nine months and there has been a lot going on and new products have arrived.

Two weeks into the first lockdown and nothing happening business wise, I thought 'this is it', the end of everything but things picked up. Since then it has been getting busier and busier as people want something to do whilst in lockdown or under restrictions and what better to do than play your Hi-Fi and spend the money you would have spent on holidays and going out for meals, on upgrades.

Turnover has gone up and I know that most of the companies I work with are 50-60% up on the previous years, particularly Rega, Croft, Harbeth, EAR and luxman. Good to see but just now there are beginning to be problems with supply of components and delivery times have increased. Perspex, for instance, used for turntable lids, is to be found in every shop and office in the land and so supplies are running out. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon.

Through the less restricted times last year, I was doing socially distanced demonstrations but lately it has been mostly mail order and lending equipment to customers, for a few days, allowing them to make a decision. Seems to work well.

I will post about the new goodies as soon as I can get round to it. Meanwhile - stay safe.

I'm Dave.

Some new products have arrived recently, which are rather interesting.

First is the PMC Twenty5 i series of speakers. Huge sound with their ATL driver loading and extremely dynamic.

Next are two new products from Hegel. Their budget H95 integrated amp with a minimum of 60wpc/8 ohms at £1600 has been very popular and their very comprehensive new and first phono stage the V10 has stirred some interest. MM/MC with just about every conceivable loading option is £1350. Good reviews of both products in the Hi-Fi press.

Rega have a new and rather innovative bookshelf speaker, the Kyte, in gloss black at £499. Typical Rega - clean, fast and fun.

If I can get the hang of Flickr again, I will post some pics.

I'm Dave.

The Rega Kyte has taken off in a big way. I never expected a £499 speaker to be so popular.

I'm Dave.

Anyone know how to post a pic from flickr to AOS on an Apple MacBook ?

I used to be able to do it on a W10 laptop but haven't figured out how to do it on the Mac.

I'm Grant.

trty getting a Get a direct URL to it.

Click a photo to open it.
    Click the Download icon.
    Click View all sizes.
    Click on the size you want to see.
    Right-click the image.
    Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser)

worth a try
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Thanks Grant. Thought you might have the answer.

I will give it a go when I find some time..

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    trty getting a Get a direct URL to it.

Click a photo to open it.
    Click the Download icon.
    Click View all sizes.
    Click on the size you want to see.
    Right-click the image.
    Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser)

worth a try
    Got as far as downloading the image but with a Mac, I can't do a right click..

I'm Grant.

think you press and hold control key and click on an icon etc to right click on macs.. but not got much experience of them tbh.. im a windows child lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast