+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Its not terribly sharp but ive brightened it all up and sharpened it a tad
    The problem is the camera has (auto)focused on the rungs of the valve cage and not on the amp itself.
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Like so. This is with the flash, so something is wrong. If only I knew what I was doing.

I'm Geoff.

I'd say your camera is struggling to focus and meter in low light conditions. Your best bet is to use 'fill-in' flash all the time.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post

Like so. This is with the flash, so something is wrong. If only I knew what I was doing.
    Thats a nice shot..looks great...can i have a five year trial
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    There are quite a lot of valves there
    Looking at that makes me think of the recent Krell thread where many people commented on the inefficiency of class A amps and how hot they run. With most valve power amps much of the power consumed goes to the valve heaters and I'd guess that the overall efficiency and heat output of that Prima Luna and Bigman's Krell are quite similar - yet people accept it as a fact of life with valve amps and don't get too worried about it. Perhaps they should "chill out" about Krells too.

ok, I'll get me coat...

Yes but valves look nice, there's isn't much joy in looking at a stack of matt black fins ....

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Yes but valves look nice, there's isn't much joy in looking at a stack of matt black fins ....
    My monoblock power amps are hidden behind the speakers.
    Barry

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

It'll certainly add some (much needed?) character to many speakers connected to it. Very many happy owners around and about internationally and I think this brand has its own dedicated Facebook page too
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm John.

I've thoroughly enjoyed mine. It's a great music maker, works for me

I'm Dave.

Only found time to give it a quick listen yesterday and it is very good indeed. It has excellent crunchy, punchy, fast bass, which I wasn't expecting. I look forward to getting in more of the range.

I'm Dave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast