+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

I'm Dave.

Default Radlett Audio blog (occasional) on The Art of Sound

Hi folks. This is the first post on the Radlett Audio blog, where, from time to time, I will let you know about new and/or interesting products. Might even go into a rant occasionally and have a competition or two.

Come back soon.

I'm Dave.

Here we have first pics of the new RFC MC1 step up transformer for MC cartridges and very good it is too.

I took part in the initial listening tests and placed it high on the list of top notch step-ups. Now slightly improved and tweaked, it's definitely one to beat, up to £2K. Paul(RFC) has put a lot of thought, care and time into this design and it shows. Up against some very expensive step-ups, I find the MC1 is clean, transparent and very dynamic - no sign of the wooly bass which defines some x'mers and it is totally hum free.

Loading can be specified for your chosen MC cartridge. The MC1 can be returned to RFC if you change the cartridge and require a different load.

The MC1 is a very reasonable £595.

I'm Andrew.

+1 with these comments. I had the pleasure of trying this piece of kit out and can say that at £595 its a bargain. It certainly out performed some audiotechnica SUT's that I used in a earlier version of my system costing >£1-2K.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Come on Dave, where's the Albarry pre-power you've been enjoying this week, the LFD integrated that I suspect few of us know about and THE NEW QUAD STUFF that is still so reasonably priced compared to some boxes out there???????????????????

If you've not drunk too much wine/beer during your Father's Day celebrations, get that camera out pronto
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

I've had a rush of goodies in the past week but thought it best to space them out. However, this is the Albarry AP11 pre-amp.

Resplendent in it's iconic red perspex front panel, the AP11 has an excellent MM phono input. Price is £2495 and works very well with all the power-amps I've used over the years.

I'm notAlone.

Hi Dave, this blog is a nice idea !
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Dave.

Glad you think so. Thanks.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Dave. I've made it a Sticky for you!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dave.

Thank you - I'll wipe it down after.

I'm Dave.

The natural partners for the Albarry AP11 pre-amp.

The M608 mono-blocks. A healthy 60 watts each. £2995 inc. Based on the very popular M408 which first saw the light of day back in the early 80's. Now tweaked with some modern components to provide extra power and a cleaner, more dynamic sound but retaining the ease and sweetness of the originals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast