+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

I'm Alex.

Here is another feral cat, the late Her Majesty Tiddles, note the clipped ear.

DSCF8471 by A60man, on Flickr
    Spendorman

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    The wonky ear is for a reason. This is most probably a feral cat, but someone once caught it and took it to the vet to be doctored, if you know what I mean. With these cats, I understand that they clip the ear so that one can tell that the cat is doctored.
    Brilliant idea, visible from a distance. My brother and his wife visited Cat Island during their holiday to Japan this year, they are cat fanatics but found that real cats living wild are nothing like a pet cat. Neutering makes a lot of sense in feral cats.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My brother's wife being mobbed by Japanese cats
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Alex.

They're still communicating

Apologies, pic taken on my basic phone, not a good camera!

Photo0119 by A60man, on Flickr
    Spendorman

I'm Simon.

I've 2 cats which are getting up there in age now. The first is Eddie who is now 11, these 2 pics are a year old but he still looks like a young'un if you ask me. He has extra feet on both his front and rear paws, his rear feet look like a rabbits, will have to get some pics of those to post. We had the option to have the extras surgically removed if he had trouble but he has been fine and runs around like a maniac most mornings. He's not one for fuss, if he wants it he will come to you, plus he is very shy around new people.

Then we have Oscar who is 10. He is a very needy cat and is very vocal, he likes a lot of fuss and attention. He is definitely not shy around people and really craves attention. He has his own pillow which he has taken a shine to and sleeps on most nights.

The thing that some people don't understand is that they all have their own very unique personalities, just like us. I'm not looking forward to the day my 2 leave us but I hope they still have a number of years left yet, I know some cats can live to over 15 years or even upto 20 if lucky.

I'm Grant.

polydactyl they call that... the dew claw becomes a foot.. as long as its not bothering him
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Nice cats.

I had a black cat years ago. Found her as a stray kitten on my doorstep one night. Nobody local had lost one, so we assumed she was a feral stray, there were a few about at the time.

She trotted into the house and stayed there for about twelve years until she died of an infection. We named her Lucky (well black cats are supposed to be lucky), but she ended up being called Fang or Beastly, 'cos she'd take no nonsense! She was very affectionate, but simply would not be told what to do and responded fiercely if shooed away.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    polydactyl they call that... the dew claw becomes a foot.. as long as its not bothering him
    Yeah, think I've heard the vet mention that name before. It doesn't seem to bother him, he functions as any cat would, running around and climbing fences and trees. When he was a kitten he would climb up the wall as we had wallpaper which he could cling too, made a real mess of it lol. The only problem is that some of the extra claws don't get ground down like normal so we take him to get them trimmed every 4 months so they don't get too long. The vets have mentioned he could get arthritis in those when he gets older which is a little worrying.

I'm Grant.

some chickens get it too.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Not a cat put critters of a sort....

20180901_100036.jpg
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

i used to breed fish. African cichlids, but had a lot of tropical fish and several tanks at one time. thats a pretty tank.. always fancied a tank with just plants in.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread