+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 172 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1712

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    On Thursday took both my lads to be neutered.
    This morning took this picture of Morty, not sure if he's hungry or felling a bit sorry for himself.......

looks like he is saying, you did this, now undo it!! oh and where are my balls?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Deffo an accusatory look there.

As children me and my brothers refused to allow our tom cat to be taken to be neutered so he stayed as a proper tom and had a great life fucking and fighting just like Fat Freddy's Cat ( or F. Frederick Skitty if you prefer). No downside (the resulting kittens are somebody else's problem) and he remained loyal and affectionate to us all. He grew into a huge creature with muscles like Frank Bruno. A visiting American colleague of my fathers saw him stalking about the back garden and thought it was a bob cat.

He would be gone for weeks at a time though, except when my father was away when he would not go far from the house and he'd be in every night to keep us safe.

He also rescued a stray and brought him back to live with us. I think so there would be another cat around to look after the den whilst he was away.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andy.

Great story Macca.
    Did you ever get a picture of him?
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Martin.

I do have one somewhere of him having a kip on top of the boiler, not on computer though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Deffo an accusatory look there.

As children me and my brothers refused to allow our tom cat to be taken to be neutered so he stayed as a proper tom and had a great life fucking and fighting just like Fat Freddy's Cat ( or F. Frederick Skitty if you prefer). No downside (the resulting kittens are somebody else's problem) and he remained loyal and affectionate to us all. He grew into a huge creature with muscles like Frank Bruno. A visiting American colleague of my fathers saw him stalking about the back garden and thought it was a bob cat.

He would be gone for weeks at a time though, except when my father was away when he would not go far from the house and he'd be in every night to keep us safe.

He also rescued a stray and brought him back to live with us. I think so there would be another cat around to look after the den whilst he was away.
    Yeah, un-neutered toms are the daddy (literally).

We adopted one as a kitten from the RSPCA, and I don't think he ever stopped growing. But it was all rock hard muscle, and when you picked him up he felt like a bag of coal with legs. I used to wind him up by grabbing his face, and he would immediately wrap his arms round my wrist and pound at my arm with his back legs. I think he enjoyed it really, as he always knew what I was going to do but played along anyway. But he never once bit or scratched us. Same can't be said for the neighbour dogs whose proximity would never be tolerated. Don't know if any of the neighbours had cats, we never saw any.

Actually there was one - the neighbour claimed that her cat's new litter were the result of Riz's philandering, and so we agreed to take in one of the kittens. For all his good qualities, Riz proved to be a shit dad and wouldn't have anything to do with the new arrival. I don't think he wanted his daughter following him round cramping his style with the laydees.

He would disappear for days on end, then eventually he didn't come back at all. I think he went to join the circus.

He really was the best cat in the world, and so considerate. He once accidentally broke the toilet seat, and without being asked, he went down to B&Q , bought a new bog seat and fitted it himself.

I may have dreamt that last bit.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

She protected my wife from an aggressive Mastiff yesterday by running forward about twenty metres in front of her and straight at the Mastiff, shifting side on and 'herding' the Mastiff so it couldn't get close. The owner of the Mastiff, who had rescued it the day before and knew that it was aggressive to people, apologised for having it off the lead, saying that she didn't think anyone would be around! When will people learn - she hasn't had time to get to know her dog yet!

Last edited by oldius; 13-10-2019 at 06:12.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

Clever doggie.. Shows devotion too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Thanks, Grant.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    She protected my wife from an aggressive Mastiff yesterday by running forward about twenty metres in front of her and straight at the Mastiff, shifting side on and 'herding' the Mastiff so it couldn't get close. The owner of the Mastiff, who had rescued it the day before and knew that it was aggressive to people, apologised for having it off the lead, saying that she didn't think anyone would be around! When will people learn - she hasn't had time to get to know her dog yet!

She's a real looker Geoff, a face you would love with at first sight! And it's nice to hear she's already protective of your family
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

indeed she is.. lovely dog... one of the miseries of being badly disabled is not being able to look after a pet.. great company, cats or dogs.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread