+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1497

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

  1. #1481
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Seaton, Devon, UK

    Posts: 7,194
    I'm Adrian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hoping it's just a strain.. Good for you staying with him
    Harry is feeling a bit better after 4 days serious rest and restricted walks. The vet this afternoon checked him out and says she thinks he has a bit of arthritis in his rear hip joints, right worse than left. She has put him on a high does YuMove supplements, only available through veterinary prescription, and also some mild pain relief. Hopefully this will ease it, after some more rest.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

    Analog Inputs:
    Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm
    Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges
    Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

    Digital:-
    Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG
    RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC
    Buffalo NAS Drive

    Amplification:-
    LFD MMC special phono stage & Rothwell MCX SUT
    ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp
    Schiit MAGNI 3 Heresy amp

    Output:
    Wilson Benesch Vector speakers
    KLH Ultimate One Headphones

    Cables:
    Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable
    Eccose Conductor CA1
    Belden 8402 with Switchcraft 3502A Audiophile High-End RCA
    Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links


    I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone.

  2. #1482
    Join Date: Mar 2016

    Location: Brighton, UK.

    Posts: 1,806
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Harry is feeling a bit better after 4 days serious rest and restricted walks. The vet this afternoon checked him out and says she thinks he has a bit of arthritis in his rear hip joints, right worse than left. She has put him on a high does YuMove supplements, only available through veterinary prescription, and also some mild pain relief. Hopefully this will ease it, after some more rest.
    My staffy has had arthritis for 5 years, she's 10 in January, started limping in the past year. Vet says just keep an eye on her. I started giving her salmon oil with her food recently, I think it might have started helping already.
    Current system - Garrard 401/Mayware F4 in progress! 1210 GR/Jelco 750/Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amp - Audio Innovations S500. Audio Note J's / QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

  3. #1483
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: Powys, Wales

    Posts: 97
    I'm Sandy.

    Default

    Not a pot of gold, but a Staffie cross...[IMG][/IMG]

  4. #1484
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 44,925
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    I have one. I call her 'The World's most useless dog', as she's a clueless wimp! I'm very nice to her though.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

  5. #1485
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Seaton, Devon, UK

    Posts: 7,194
    I'm Adrian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    My staffy has had arthritis for 5 years, she's 10 in January, started limping in the past year. Vet says just keep an eye on her. I started giving her salmon oil with her food recently, I think it might have started helping already.
    Sorry to hear that Mike. Where do you get the Salmon oil, I might try Harry on some. H is feeling a bit better, we went for a 20 minutes gentle walk in the woods this morning.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

    Analog Inputs:
    Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm
    Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges
    Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

    Digital:-
    Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG
    RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC
    Buffalo NAS Drive

    Amplification:-
    LFD MMC special phono stage & Rothwell MCX SUT
    ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp
    Schiit MAGNI 3 Heresy amp

    Output:
    Wilson Benesch Vector speakers
    KLH Ultimate One Headphones

    Cables:
    Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable
    Eccose Conductor CA1
    Belden 8402 with Switchcraft 3502A Audiophile High-End RCA
    Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links


    I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone.

  6. #1486
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: Powys, Wales

    Posts: 97
    I'm Sandy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Sorry to hear that Mike. Where do you get the Salmon oil, I might try Harry on some. H is feeling a bit better, we went for a 20 minutes gentle walk in the woods this morning.
    Just curious to know if Staffies are prone to arthritis? Ours (Flynn) is only 2 but I'd put him on preventative supplements now if I thought it was a good idea. His mum was pure Staffie but dad was a bit of a lad, as was his dad before him...

  7. #1487
    Join Date: Jun 2010

    Location: Liverpool, UK.

    Posts: 1,145
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    This is Blue and she's 2, next month.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; Denon PMA-850; SBT; Technics sh-x1000 DAC; Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Kinshaw Perception DAC; Lentek and Klark Teknik Jade 1 studio monitors

  8. #1488
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Seaton, Devon, UK

    Posts: 7,194
    I'm Adrian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kirstysdad View Post
    Just curious to know if Staffies are prone to arthritis? Ours (Flynn) is only 2 but I'd put him on preventative supplements now if I thought it was a good idea. His mum was pure Staffie but dad was a bit of a lad, as was his dad before him...
    Iím no expert but believe any type of dog can develop it with age. This may be helpful

    http://www.staffordshirebullterrierh...get-arthritis/
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

    Analog Inputs:
    Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm
    Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges
    Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

    Digital:-
    Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG
    RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC
    Buffalo NAS Drive

    Amplification:-
    LFD MMC special phono stage & Rothwell MCX SUT
    ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp
    Schiit MAGNI 3 Heresy amp

    Output:
    Wilson Benesch Vector speakers
    KLH Ultimate One Headphones

    Cables:
    Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable
    Eccose Conductor CA1
    Belden 8402 with Switchcraft 3502A Audiophile High-End RCA
    Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links


    I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but donít tell anyone.

  9. #1489
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: Powys, Wales

    Posts: 97
    I'm Sandy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I’m no expert but believe any type of dog can develop it with age. This may be helpful

    http://www.staffordshirebullterrierh...get-arthritis/
    Thanks Adrian

  10. #1490
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: Powys, Wales

    Posts: 97
    I'm Sandy.

    Default

    Lovely dug Geoff, lovely.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •