+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1453

Thread: Post your cats ( or other worthy critters )

  1. #1431
    Join Date: Jun 2015

    Location: London/Durham

    Posts: 4,186
    I'm Lawrence.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post


    This is what you get from choosing the only cat at the Blue Cross that no one else wants.
    That tail looks very wrong

    Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

  2. #1432
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: Middlesex, UK

    Posts: 4,280
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Some lovely pics of cats - keep them coming.

    One of our kittens enjoying the music (I think that was what he was doing!!)

    He's only thinking about it, over 40 years ago I built a pair of Hi Fi News Paralines. The vent or port or horn opening thing, was easily cat size! The obvious happened.
    Spendorman

  3. #1433
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 44,549
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    He's only thinking about it, over 40 years ago I built a pair of Hi Fi News Paralines. The vent or port or horn opening thing, was easily cat size! The obvious happened.
    I think this was a version of the Paraline.

    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

  4. #1434
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: Middlesex, UK

    Posts: 4,280
    I'm Alex.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think this was a version of the Paraline.

    There really was only that design of cabinet, recommended unit was the cheap but good Elac 8N148/8N185 or the Lowther PM6 (expensive).

    What is not shown on that drawing is the small amount damping that was fitted near the drive unit. 1 Watt in to this speaker provided quite a good sound level, and a nice quality.

    In later years what Tiddles (mk 2) liked was a palr of Quad 63's (giant scratching posts), me not pleased.
    Last edited by spendorman; 21-09-2020 at 09:07.
    Spendorman

  5. #1435
    Join Date: Feb 2019

    Location: South uk

    Posts: 481
    I'm Jon.

    Default

    I have no words to describe this..



  6. #1436
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: West Yorkshire

    Posts: 402
    I'm Andy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I have no words to describe this..
    Main system:

    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730
    Technics SL-PJ28A CD Player
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V. Goldring Elite MC and Firebottle OTP MKII Phono Amp
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. Denon 103M cart Cairn Boost Phono Amp
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+ (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Amp.
    Pure Sound A30
    Speakers
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477
    Headphone Amp
    Myryad Z40 (also used as a pre amp)
    Backup Speakers.
    TDL RTL2, Some home made concoction...
    Backup Amps
    Audiolab 8000a, Armstrong something or other, Amstrad Quadraphonic something or other, home built EL34 power amps.....

  7. #1437
    Join Date: Oct 2015

    Location: Woodmancote, West Sussex

    Posts: 1,561
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
    Some lovely pics of cats - keep them coming.

    One of our kittens enjoying the music (I think that was what he was doing!!)

    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

  8. #1438
    Join Date: Oct 2015

    Location: Woodmancote, West Sussex

    Posts: 1,561
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    I have no words to describe this..


    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

  9. #1439
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: West Yorkshire

    Posts: 402
    I'm Andy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    LOL
    Main system:

    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730
    Technics SL-PJ28A CD Player
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V. Goldring Elite MC and Firebottle OTP MKII Phono Amp
    Lenco L75 in Birch ply plinth. Linn Basik Plus. Denon 103M cart Cairn Boost Phono Amp
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus IQAudio DAC+ (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Amp.
    Pure Sound A30
    Speakers
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477
    Headphone Amp
    Myryad Z40 (also used as a pre amp)
    Backup Speakers.
    TDL RTL2, Some home made concoction...
    Backup Amps
    Audiolab 8000a, Armstrong something or other, Amstrad Quadraphonic something or other, home built EL34 power amps.....

  10. #1440
    Join Date: Feb 2019

    Location: South uk

    Posts: 481
    I'm Jon.

    Default



    I give up

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •