+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Davedwack's First Pitcher

I'm DAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum

Wow, man, serious respect - what a great system!

It's obviously extremely well thought out. There's not a single component in there that I wouldn't use... In particular I love the TD-124, the Technics SL-10 (vastly underrated by those NOT in the know ), the Puresound, Norton PSU (the best there is for an LP12 by a country mile), the Quads, the Mana - feck it, I like it all!

Anyway, have fun.

Marco.
    Hi Marco,

Well thanks very much for the welcome. I got quite carried away with the photos, I've never done it before, the result being that I have of course completely forgotten to itemise the stuff I listen to the music on/with.

So here goes then:

Linn LP12/Ittok/AT33PTG/Norton PS/Puresound P10/Stepnote Trannie

Thorens TD124-2/Origin Live Silver/ATOC9ml2/Local Slate Plinth

Technics SL10/AT312HEP

That's the 3 record players out the way then:

Sugden A21SE

Squeezebox with Zanash built PS in old Naim CB case/Zanash modded Behringer SRC2496

Panasonic DV575 also going into the Src2496

Quad 2989 and Sennheiser HD650's for using later on!

Sky+/Topfield HD recorder for the football and such...

Further info: I recently moved the telly from the cabinet onto the wall to be replaced by the 2 record players which were sat on 2 Mana Racks, recently sold.

Cheers...Dave

I'm DAVE.

Hi Andre,

No, I had the cover made by Stuart Frazer who I think trades as "The Frazer Co." I'm not sure if it's the same chap who posts on Pink Fish. Anyway I had it made about 4 years ago but if you'd like further details I'll do a bit of backtrackin'.

Cheers.........Dave

P.S. The Mana tables on the cabinet were the result of shall we say a "compromise" having sold the 2 racks which used to live in the corner of the room in the not too distant past.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Andre,

LOL. I didn't "blast" you about it - I just said that it wasn't necessarily the most effective use of Mana.

I said that it's better to have Mana supports installed from the ground up without any other interface in the way (and I stand by that), but obviously Dave finds the results satisfactory from applying it in this particular way. You should have achieved similar results but somehow didn't

Dave's set-up should actually make you think twice about the conclusion you reached...

However I was going to mention to Dave that the oak cones (although protecting his furniture) won't be doing the Mana effect any good - it is a 'foreign' interface that will impede some of the Mana's intended effect.

His best plan, if he wanted, is to obtain a strip of plastic laminate from any D.I.Y shop (which is what is used to cover the MDF boards supplied with Soundstages, etc) cut a few squares off enough to cover the spikes and place those underneath his Soundframes instead of the oak cones. He should notice an improvement in the sound in terms of dynamic detail and clarity. The oak cones will serve to 'muddy' the sound in comparison. I know because I've been there!

Or maybe he just likes the look of the oak cones or he doesn't care, and if so, that's absolutely fine

Marco.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

...I said that it's better to have Mana supports installed from the ground up without any other interface in the way...
    Would you rest them on something solid or straight in the floorboards?

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

P.S. The Mana tables on the cabinet were the result of shall we say a "compromise" having sold the 2 racks which used to live in the corner of the room in the not too distant past.
    Ah... Thanks, Dave. That explains everything

You might want to try what I suggested though.

More from me later on a very interesting system. You have definitely thought 'out of the box' with that one!

Marco.

Andre,

LOL. I didn't "blast" you about it - I just said that it wasn't necessarily the most effective use of Mana.

I said that it's better to have Mana supports installed from the ground up without any other interface in the way (and I stand by that), but obviously Dave finds the results satisfactory from applying it in this particular way. You should have achieved similar results but somehow didn't

Dave's set-up should actually make you think twice about the conclusion you reached...

However I was going to mention to Dave that the oak cones (although protecting his furniture) won't be doing the Mana effect any good - it is a 'foreign' interface that will impede some of the Mana's intended effect.

His best plan, if he wanted, is to obtain a strip of plastic laminate from any D.I.Y shop (which is what is used to cover the MDF boards supplied with Soundstages, etc) cut a few squares off enough to cover the spikes and place those underneath his Soundframes instead of the oak cones. He should notice an improvement in the sound in terms of dynamic detail and clarity. The oak cones will serve to 'muddy' the sound in comparison. I know because I've been there!

Or maybe he just likes the look of the oak cones or he doesn't care, and if so, that's absolutely fine

Marco.
    It's the Russ Andrews Oak spike boots that are making the Mana sound right All come apparent now

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEDWACK View Post
    Hi Andre,

No, I had the cover made by Stuart Frazer who I think trades as "The Frazer Co." I'm not sure if it's the same chap who posts on Pink Fish. Anyway I had it made about 4 years ago but if you'd like further details I'll do a bit of backtrackin'.

Cheers.........Dave
    Please Dave if you could, that's one nice lid.

This him dave:

http://thefrazerco.com/

Would you rest them on something solid or straight in the floorboards?
    Straight into the floorboards is best, Rob - the more the spikes 'grip' the floor the better. And suspended wooden floors give a different type of effect to solid concrete

The best way to see Mana is to think of it as a better 'floor' for your equipment to operate on: one that's more level and less susceptible to pass vibration on to your equipment. That's precisely what it's intended to do and it does it very effectively indeed.

Wooden furniture stores energy and vibrates like a drum - not good for a hi-fi system. But if a compromise ensures marital bliss for Dave then what price can you put on that?

Marco.

It's the Russ Andrews Oak spike boots that are making the Mana sound right All come apparent now
    Aye, if that's what keeps you happy then who am I to spoil the illusion!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast