+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Davedwack's First Pitcher

Yeh it's called 'DECAMEL' a cheap formica, used for easyness of production.

Here never a true word(S) spoken.Nice one tones who ever u are

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/archiv...php/t-115.html

Goodnight.

I'm DAVE.

[QUOTE=Marco;2907]Dave,

If you can't get the right stuff I'll pop a few bits that will fit under your spikes in an envelope and send it to you. All you need is just enough for the spikes to bite into. You won't even see them in place

That's good enough for an idle sod like me Marco, I'll pm you the address and thanks so much.

I asked about the SL-10 because I've read good things about it elsewhere, and because it's related to my beloved (modified) SL-1210. I also think that direct-drives do something special that belt-drives don't do

Not that I'm a fence sitter but....1 belt drive 1 belt/idler drive 1 Direct drive just about covers all bases...oh yeh and for mobile use I know somebody who can still get hold of the AT Soundburgers!

I rate the AT-33PTG highly, and used one for a while. It's like an OC-9 with a bit more 'soul'. I liked what it did very much - nicely musical with a very clean, detailed top end, silky sounding midrange, and decent bass for an AT cartridge (always a slight failing of them in my opinion) but in the end I preferred the more 'funky' and 'valve-like' sound of the Denon DL-103 Pro. It has all the virtues of good analogue in spades, whereas the AT makes vinyl sound too 'clean' and CD-like, in my opinion.

Rest assured the low output Denons were on my list but the AT was available at a really keen price and I did feel it might just go well with the Ittok.

Cheers.....Dave

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That's good enough for an idle sod like me Marco, I'll pm you the address and thanks so much.
    No problem, Dave

After we've done that I'll teach you how to use the quote facility!

Marco.

P.S You're right, I can imagine an AT-33PTG working very well on an Ittok - nice balance of virtues there.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeh it's called 'DECAMEL' a cheap formica, used for easyness of production.
    If that's what it's called, fine. All I know is it does the job.

Here never a true word(S) spoken.Nice one tones who ever u are

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/archiv...php/t-115.html

Goodnight.
    LOL. You're not running away in a huff are you? Just because someone else's (arguably well written) views on Mana tally with yours doesn't mean they are right. Remember you have very limited experience of it.

Tones is a somewhat 'famous' (or is that infamous) character where 'tweaky' hi-fi supports, cables, or things of that ilk are concerned. And yes he is often highly amusing. I like the guy. However, that most certainly does not make him an authority on all things Mana, or anything else he doesn't believe in for that matter

Marco.

I'm DAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEDWACK View Post

First effort!
    Well since it's been over 2 years and although I've still got the same speakers and the same 3 record players, there have been a few other changes so here's a more recent pitcher:
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345