+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a denon103/A23 SUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone have a denon103/A23 SUT

Hi

Ever the optimist I wonder if anyone on here local to stoke and willing to bring their 103 A23 combo to try in my Garrard 301 - I sense there are quite a few users of this combo on here and I wondered if anyone would mind bringing theirs out for a trip?

Happy to feed and water if anyone is feeling generous - could squeeze in a couple of others to form a committee if others are interested

also wanting the A23 speaker cable - I have asked James at tom tom to loan me a set but there is a queue so it might take a while

can;t find a SUT second hand so they must be pretty good - I am a klutz with carts so can't consider dear ones hence thinking the 103/A23 combo would be ideal and reasonably priced option for me

happy to travel and hear someone elses if that might be an option although it would be lovely to try it in my own system

rgds
    darren

There have been murmurings of perhaps hosting a Japanese direct drive fest somewhere, and if it were to happen I would imagine you would have the opportunity to play with both items if either Marco or myself were to attend, I for one would be happy to bring my pairing at least, also be interesting to compare my re-tipped 103 to Marco's various versions.

Thinking out loud here, but the wish list for such an event could be...

SP10's
    1210's
    Denon's
    Pioneer

...all of which exist on this forum to my knowledge, and why not allow the Idler boys in for a party too.
    Nick.

Would be very keen to partake - if it wasnt too big I could even host it here as stoke is pretty central

I was chatting to a friend today who said the 103 might not be ideal for my alphason but worth a try nonetheless

I am a bit ignorant on this TT thing - my aim is to try a few and then whittle down to one - would be interesting to hear your 80 aginst my older 6000 as well

how are you doing on the slate plinth - has the change of arm plans delayed matters?

rgds
    darren

The plinth should hopefully be with me next week, yes I will have to do a little work to facilitate the new arm, I think I may cut a square out with a view to using interchangable wooden or slate arm mounting blocks.
    Nick.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Darren,

Sorry, I've only just spotted this thread

Stoke is not a million miles away from Wrexham. I might struggle at the moment time-wise to come down to you, but you're more than welcome to bring your 301 up to my place and we can try various 103s (and some other options) on it, along with the A23 and also the Denon HA-500 head amp.

It would be good to meet up and of course you'll have the opportunity of hearing the mad Marco-boy's system

Just let me know!

Scoobs,

I'm well up for one of the gatherings you mention - it's just a matter of taking it to the next level from talking about it to making it happen! A suitable venue would of course have to be agreed

Marco.

P.S I'll move this thread to 'Analogue Art' later.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Hi Marco

Would be great to hear your system and see what the 103 A23 does - have you any views on the combo of 103 with alphason HR100?

PM me your phone number and I can perhaps give you a call re popping over with the Garrard.

re Jap DD gathering I can offer a garrard, sp10 or denon DP6000 and I would be very keen to hear other stuff jap or otherwise

rgds
    darren

PM sent

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Darren
    As far as I know the Alphason is not a good match for a 103, as it's a lightweight (low mass) arm around 10g I think. Maybe Guy could be more precise.
    Nick.

Scoobs,

Darren's coming round to my place, so we'll have a play with adding mass to the headshell and see how it goes - should be interesting!

Marco.
    Main System

Cool, I'm sure he'll leave you having had a comprehensive 103/sut workout.
    I guess he should also prepare for having his fillings rattled by your SP100's
    Nick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast