+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Technics SL-1400 mk2

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    T'is a thing of beauty Nathan, good job sir. Looks mean and moody sitting on those AT feet, they really suit the deck
    I'm delighted with the feet, they really do suit the deck.
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Michael.

Default Cue Cam Repair, new part available.

I have been watching this thread for a while as I am the original owner of a Technics SL-1400 MK 2. The cue cam broke on me in the early 1980's and it was repaired with a new part back then. Needless to say the part is broken again and the cueing mechanism does not work. I was going to repair the part as was shown on this thread. However I contacted a fellow in Texas who repairs Technics turntables. He told me he is getting the part manufactured with 3D printing and using a steel bushing inside. He said the ones he's done have held out for a year so far with no problems. He said he'll do the whole job for $160.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by c421c View Post
    I have been watching this thread for a while as I am the original owner of a Technics SL-1400 MK 2. The cue cam broke on me in the early 1980's and it was repaired with a new part back then. Needless to say the part is broken again and the cueing mechanism does not work. I was going to repair the part as was shown on this thread. However I contacted a fellow in Texas who repairs Technics turntables. He told me he is getting the part manufactured with 3D printing and using a steel bushing inside. He said the ones he's done have held out for a year so far with no problems. He said he'll do the whole job for $160.
    Are you allowed to divulge the source?
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Michael.

Default Source

Absolutely! I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links on this forum but it is Turntabletech DOT COM. (Revolution Audio) The fellow's name is Jay.

My turntable is boxed and ready to ship to him. It will be going out tomorrow. I can't wait to see how this works out. I'll keep you posted.

Michael

I'm Nathan.

See if you can get Jay to post a picture of the cam when it is completed. All the best with this.

Unfortunately I've just sold my SL1400. I have an SL1210 too and given I am not really able to listen to either at the minute (a 2 year old and 3.5 year old are dominating what media formats get used in this house currently), I decided to upgrade my headphone rig and so sold off the SL1400. It really does sound way better than the stock SL1210, in my opinion anyway.
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Michael.

Had the turntable back for a while now. Have been too busy to post but it works fine. Sorry no photos of the 3D printed cam arm.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Glad this sad tale has a very happy ending - well done Angus Still a gorgeous looking and performing range of decks in my opinion.

As far as the auto return is concerned, I suspect a damn good cleaning and re-assembly DRY of the trip parts would cure any ills. This era and the previous SL1300/1310 had very gentle auto mechanisms that were as good as a Dual, if not as elegant in execution. The SL1300, despite the massy tonearm, could happily track a Shure v15 III at 1g with full auto use, although later experience of this generation of tonearm design suggests the bias correction is way out and excessive up to 1.5g or so.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Vic.

Resurrecting this thread. While disassembling the tonearm assembly a small spring and a pin fell on my table and I cannot figure out where do they go and the service manual does not show them in the tonearm diagram. Ideas?
    Vic
    'I am Death, the destroyer of worlds...'
    Dr. Robert Oppenheimer after the detonation of the first A-bomb

I'm Loring.

Default Small Spring/Pin and Cam Arm

The small spring and pin should go into the hole underneath the tone arm height adjustment column.

As for a replacement cueing arm, search for Shapeways Technics Cueing Cam. Two versions made so check the pivot ring that the arm slides onto.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123