+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atacama Nexus 6i speaker stands - opinions?

I'm Ashley.

Default Atacama Nexus 6i speaker stands - opinions?

I've seen a pair of used Atacama Nexus 6i speaker stands on sale locally and I just wondered if there were any opinions good or bad on their performance? I'm still looking for speakers but it will be something small like Mission 780s.

Thanks

Ashley

I'm Ashley.

The guy selling these described them as being "Like New" so I went up to take a look and found they were pretty heavily marked. They were also missing the gel pads that Atacama sell for about £18, so I was expecting these to be really cheap. It turned out he set a reserve on eBay of £6o, which is only £8 less than they charge on Amazon for a brand new set complete with the pads. I think he'll struggle to sell these.

I'm James.

hi ashley, ive had a pair for a while, i found they worked best with the legs filled , i used sand. little blobs of blu tac seemed to work better for me on the top plates, didnt alter the sound any just more secure. if i were closer u could have them for £20, granted that dosnt help much

I'm Ashley.

I spoke to a shop earlier and they recommended the Atacama around that price range or the Partington if you have a bit more budget. I'm sure either would be pretty good but in a twist of events I may now go for a floorstanding speaker instead, having reorganised the room and been offered a pair of Ruark Talisman II speakers.

+ Reply to Thread