+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Profile I Tonearm branded SYSTEMDEK - no known specification

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Meep View Post
    Good spotting Mr Wazoo!
    I found some threads on V/engine in the Systemdek pages. A couple of fellas there seemed to spend some time comparing the Profile with the AR and Rotel arms that were the same and they came up with...
    Length 229mm
    O/Hang 16mm
    Eff Mass 12g
    Pivot-Spindle 211mm
    Seems very Linn ish to one of the guys.
    It'll be interesting to hear if any of this gel's
    Craig
    Yes, thank you Chris.

The head-shell on the AR arm looks identical to the one on my Systemdek arm which, taken together with Mr. Uchida's statement that the head-shell is not Jelco design, implies that AR tonearm is not the variant of an SA250-ST as was previously thought by some. Of course, the differences remains in the center bearing design, the yokes on the AR arm being practically identical to the SA250-ST and the Systemdek ones looking very Linn-like but without the 'top housing' as it were. The antiscate bias housing remains non-Linn.

Who makes the LVX arms for Linn?

Regards,
    Mike

I'm Mike.

All,

This is what I was sent by a colleague the other day. Doesn't sound right and there is a lot of wrong info in that eBay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200930360043...84.m1438.l2649

With regards,
    Mike

I'm Adam.

Might be worth an email to ART loudspeakers to clear this mystery up. After all, the owners are the sons of the original Mr. Dunlop!

http://www.loudspeaker-art.com/index...t-menu-item-54
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm omri.

hey guys, sorry to bump up this old thread but i two have just purchased this tonearm and have very limited info about it.. i was hoping you guys could shed more light as to the mounting method (how to connect the collar) and general info about it.. mine is the AR version which i believe is identical other then the writing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12