Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple TV rocks!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Werner.

Tim,

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I have a Western Digital TV Live at the moment
    me too, plus two WD harddisks (three terabyte capacity per drive) attached via USB. Really a great, little device with a lot of functionality.

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Apple
    TV
    Rocks

..........is this some kind of shopping list?
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm John.

How does the Apple TV box fit into a system, ie what do you plug it into?
    I've got TV in one room and computer in another.
    Cheers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Paul.

You plug it into your TV via a HTML cable.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Stuart.

Hi John,

Paul is correct - you plug it in to your tv via the hdmi connector.

Also, it occured to me that if you have never used one before, then you may also need to know that usually the Apple TV also connects to the internet via WIFI - however there is also an option to connect to the internet via a CAT 5 network cable.

So that way it can stream TV from the web into your TV.

There is also an optical out - which i have never used, but probably is good for dolby 7.1 into a suround sound system.

You will spend more renting movies/tv shows from apple than you think - but it is great!

why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    How does the Apple TV box fit into a system, ie what do you plug it into?
    I've got TV in one room and computer in another.
    Cheers
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubies View Post

You will spend more renting movies/tv shows from apple than you think - but it is great!

why do you ask?
    Thanks Stuart (and Paul).....I may run the risk of spending more on renting movies....but I can save on Sky Movies, Love Film and won't have to splash out on a new Smart TV, when the one I have is only a couple of years old! Will buy today
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Paul.

Will buy today
    Great John, You'll have to let us know what you think.

P.S. I use the optical output and it works nicely through my surround sound system

I'm Julian.

Thanks Stuart (and Paul).....I may run the risk of spending more on renting movies....but I can save on Sky Movies, Love Film and won't have to splash out on a new Smart TV, when the one I have is only a couple of years old! Will buy today
    Enjoy! I don't think you will regret it. I am still amazed by the quality of the 1080p streaming.

People who want to see the latest films asap might want to run Lovefilm along side Apple TV, as it takes a while for you to be able to rent them on iTunes but not really an issue for me.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Dave.

Has anyone tried the Roku kit? I have a cheap Roku LT which works quite well, and a friend/colleague has a more upmarket Roku version. We have looked at the specs of the Apple TV, and perhaps there's no need to have yet more kit.

We can use a new Macbook Pro if we need to access C4OD or the ITV player, and our Freesat box copes with iPlayer for the HD TV. The Roku works well with smaller TVs which we happen to have in a couple of other rooms.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast