+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheduled downtime on Monday 3rd June 2013

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Must say I really don't like the look of the forum or the change in function, no doubt I will get used to it but so far yuck - sorry.

However it is good that AOS is back and working once again.

Regards Neil
    +1

Not a fan of the new look or the fact that I've had to change my bookmark links but hey at least we have it back up and running... thanks to the Owners / Admins for bringing back my favourite forum

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    To get to New Posts no requires an extra mouse click on 'Forum'
    Why not use What's New?, it's a single click.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Yep, the auto-save is excellent. I like the new look. When we revisit the old look in, say, a year's time, it'll look very archaic.
    Agreed - loving the autosave - I have lost so much when writing posts before LOL
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I'll keep a note of comments and implement the best ideas. - if the new version supports them. It's worth though living with the changes for a few days and familiarising yourself with the way the new software works by default. Compared with the standard VB4 config though the way I've set the forum up does try to minimise the differences because we didn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Dunno it it's still a work in progress, but the forum does not display correctly on my Android phone, writing running into each other etc. Also, I cannot post a relpy, quick or otherwise, I can only use the reply with quote at the bottom of a post.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Why not use What's New, it's a single click.
    Ooo liking that a lot - much easier to see who posted and when... great new addition

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Dunno it it's still a work in progress, but the forum does not display correctly on my Android phone
    Hmm, I have a different issue. My phone displays threads perfectly, but when I want to post something the pop-up keyboard keeps wanting to disappear. I'm not sure if it's associated with the auto-save, making my phone think I'm in browsing rather than editing mode.
    Last edited by MartinT; 04-06-2013 at 13:28.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Not sure about the new look. It looks 'cleaner', but also looks just like most of the other fora out there.

Can someone make the text blacker - I'm sure there was better contrast between the text and the cream background before.

Anyway I won't quibble but live with it for a while; sure I'll get used to it.

Congratutations to Nick and the Admin for getting our beloved Forum up and running again. Thanks.
    Barry

MartinT Guest

It's a Windows 8 / Windows Phone 8 problem, they both do the 'keyboard disappearing' thing. I'll Google to see if it's a known problem with VB4.

Meanwhile the iPad (piece of crap) won't let me login. I stopped at three attempts as I don't want to lock myself out

MartinT Guest

Aha - a workaround for the disappearing keyboard issue is to click the Remove Format button (2nd from left), which then allows you to type in the box. Bizarre!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

How do I edit the "About Me" page in my profile? In particular I want to edit my equipment list.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast