+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Rega Ela mk1. Spares Or Repair.

I'm Joel.

Yeah right,

I was of the same mind, but have recently been told that they used different versions of the d2008 - with and without ferro-fluid.

Not sure which model has fluid, and I could well have been mis-informed there

I'm Aaron.

Hi Chaps,

I have not had the pleasure of hearing a pair of Royd Apex's but I do have a pair of Abbots. The cabinets have Identical external dimensions but are double the weight and front ported reflex, not transmission line.

I was hoping to replace the ELA tweeters with a pair of D2008's that came from a some early Minstrals. But not sure if they will suit because of the ferrofluid question? Also the fluting on the tweeter cut-out makes for a very tight fit.

I welcome your input, see below an image of the dud tweeter.

Many Thanks, Aaron.

Gear list: Technics SL1100, Denon DL160,Technics SU9070+SE9060 Pre/power, Ruark Accolade, Arcam Airdac, Cambridge Audio CXC.

I'm Aaron.

Default Replacement Tweeter Advice.

Do any of you know the correct part number? Damped/Un-damped, Not the Rega one obviously!
    Gear list: Technics SL1100, Denon DL160,Technics SU9070+SE9060 Pre/power, Ruark Accolade, Arcam Airdac, Cambridge Audio CXC.

I'm Aaron.

Default ELA Tweeter

Am I correct in thinking this tweeter was also used in early Linn Kan's? If so, would this be in damped of un-damped form?

I'm Shane.

Why can't you guys start a separate thread on this

I'm Aaron.

Default Tweeter Thread!

Hi Shane,

I was as surprised as you to see the thread sill alive. I did not intend to respond, but it seemed a shame not to tap into the expertise of the other contributors.

If the moderator sees fit to move or close the thread I totally understand.

Kind Regards, Aaron.

I'm Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Why can't you guys start a separate thread on this
    Sorry Shane, have i upset you terribly?

Only my second or third post, and i seem to have ignorantly failed to comply with some long standing AoS etiquette that you hold very dear..

I'm Joel.

crippsy,

I have this all written down somewhere, in a box of dud 2008 tweeters. will check the numbers and get back to you.

Peace & Progress

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Sorry Shane, have i upset you terribly?

Only my second or third post, and i seem to have ignorantly failed to comply with some long standing AoS etiquette that you hold very dear..
    This is not a discussion section, only sales!! So I suggest you start a thread in the '''Blank Canvas''' section of this site. Simple!!!

I'm Aaron.

Default Re: ELA 2008 Tweeter.

Thank's for your input Joel, I sourced a second-hand replacement from a nice man in Gloucester and the Rega-Royd's are fully operational and sounding superb!

Still it would be nice to resolve the fluid damping question? The HF on the ELA is far more restrained than the signature Royd 'spit & tizz' sound?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12