+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What I Saw At Walmart

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Default What I Saw At Walmart

Nope, sorry, no pics of over-sized butts stuffed in sweat pants.

What I did see in the big CD $5/ea bin:

The Doors - Morrison Hotel
    The Doors - Waiting For The Sun
    Jimi Hendrix - South Saturn Delta
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Live
    Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies
    Rush - Moving Pictures (Remasters series)
    Deep Purple - Machine Head

etc. etc. etc.

If I wasn't so into vinyl I'd be snapping up CDs like mad; because, it seems like everybody is trying to get rid of them. The profit margin for CDs must be in the toilet (pure speculation on my part). I have nothing to back that up.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Martin.

I think it will happen but not just yet - made a few buys recently and I'm shocked at how much prices seem to be holding up. I think you just stumbled on a one in a thousand bargain bin - it is Wal Mart after all. In England it's called ASDA. Not as many lard arses in sweat pants though...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not as many lard arses in sweat pants though...

Wait a minute. If I don't start working out soon, I may just get to the point where I'm one of them.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm martin.

In Scotland it's called Asda too, and there are some big assed people in there, deep fried everything is the cause, no cheap cds though.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Not as many lard arses in sweat pants though...
    Don't ever go into ASDA in Poole or Bournemouth then Martin
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Don't ever go into ASDA in Poole or Bournemouth then Martin
    Especially during the holiday season...

I'm Martin.

To get back to the question - will CD get squeezed out between the hip cats with their vinyl and the digital downloaders?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrei.

Default Squeeze

will CD get squeezed out between the hip cats with their vinyl and the digital downloaders?
    I would be pretty typical of that squeeze. I buy about 1 CD a year. I buy Vinyl, SACD, Hi-Res Downloads. The squeeze is not only from better formats but also from lower quality MP3. Even 'CD Quality' downloads add to the squeeze. CD as a format is doomed by Quality rivals and Convenience rival formats.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread