+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 337alanT system

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Yes I have a total of 10 now and WAF is low so I have to hide them from her LOL
    PS your welcome to borrow one with some tapes if you want matey, its a slipper slope though haha

Alan
    I'm already on the naughty step with the recent changes Alan.

Are you trying to make certain I remain celibate for the remainder of my days!!!!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    I'm already on the naughty step with the recent changes Alan.

Are you trying to make certain I remain celibate for the remainder of my days!!!!

LOL yeah why should it just be me

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

Just thought I would update my old system thread to add a couple of changes
    The most recent one is the Resurrection of an old Tascam 122 mk2 Cassette deck and thats sounding quite lovely and I am enjoying it very much, just needed a re cap on the capstan motor control board and a new set of idler tyres, I bought a calibration tape from ANT and that has helped my be able to check through the calibration

The latest and my favorite addition to my R2R collection is the studer A810 which I have spent quite a bit of time on last year recapping all the electrolytics, little blue Phillips, little red roderstines and the dreaded Rifas all power supply caps and motor run caps as well as substituting all Op amps for LM4562. new bearings in the reel table motors
    I am very pleased with it and I am now confident its not going to fail due to a dodgy old cap.

IMG_2578 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

IMG_0592 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

IMG_0595 by Alan Towell, on Flickr

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Grant.

Had my eye out for one of those 122's for a while.... Lovely decks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Grant
    I really like the deck and it has great sound quality for Cassette.
    One major attraction for me was balanced XLR in/out as well as RCA. I also has an external record Bias fine tuning for individual cassette types.
    Also VU meters do it for me

Alan

I'm Andr'e.

Never had a '122' but had a '133' has High speed option & bobbin VU's
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213