+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What's Your Last DVD/Blu-Ray purchase?...

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    love both but i think gregory and other characters; they were a bit of all of us at some time. headmaster was a classic too; chick i think
    Off you go you small Boy

Utter (utter) classic.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-12-2023 at 19:39.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Don't get me wrong - I love Gregory's Girl, and have a copy somewhere. It's a very sweet film about 'first love', with some nice touches: such as the headmaster with a sweet tooth; the sports teacher somewhat out of his depth, and the camera club measuring exposure and development time in 'elephants'.
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Happy its not just us 'weegies' that gets its charm Barry.

Human nature is Human nature.

I'm Grant.

A couple of Blu-ray's in.

Murder my sweet I've got on dvd but thought I would get Blu-ray.
    Thieves like us I've not seen but heard it's good.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Also over the festive period 2 4k,s, Prey re Gary,s recco; and Alien.
    Then Blu-ray of. Until the end of the world FROM Wim Wenders
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The Wim Wender's film looks interesting. It's not one I have seen.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The Wim Wender's film looks interesting. It's not one I have seen.
    not seen it either but like his stuff in general. this might just be a bit long tho.. nearing 5 hrs...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got this on today. Bought for my birthday.
    4k hd ltd ed of invasion of the body snatchers from 1978.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

In the spirit of keeping Grant's thread going...

Latest Bluray pickup was one of my favourite 80's movies, Conan The Barbarian, now in a full 4K rescan and remaster.

Love this movie for so many reasons, it takes the genre and treats it seriously, like a historical piece for a time that never was.

One of the greatest movie scores ever written, not a lot of dialogue being one of Arnies earlier movies, so the music does a lot of heavy lifting.
    Theres a Score only audio track, which with the (now dazzling) visuals on is the best way to listen to the complete soundtrack.

Released only for the American market by Arrow Video, the extra disc cant be read by my Oppo, but have the UK blueray with 50% of them anyway, but theres some new cool stuff for this release, so will eventually get a PC blueray drive and rip to to the computer, and reburn it to disk.

One of the best 4K transfers I've seen, film grain and the filmic "look" hasn't been tampered with, but detail and the new HDR give the movie a new lease of life.
    Its amazing.

Pretty hard to get, so paid a fair whack for it from America, but its a movie I keep going back to.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 11-04-2024 at 05:55.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021