+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Gale bi-wire speaker cable.

I'm Dave.

Default FS: Gale bi-wire speaker cable.

Hi,

I'm going to be upgrading my speaker cable soon and so my existing Gale cable will be available after that. I'm hoping the cable will be available for sale mid to late may.

The model number of this is XL 315 due to it having 315 strands per conductor. I have 2x 3M lengths plus 2x 2M lengths. The two shorter lengths are available now.

The cable is OFC copper multi-stranded construction and quite thick gauge. It has a clear pinkish coloured insulation which doesn't look as bad as it sounds. The 4 conductors are arranged side by side to make a thick ribbon.
    There's a picture HERE

It cost me about £35 new a few years ago so I'm looking for about £15 for the lot excluding postage. I'd probably prefer this to be collected as it's quite heavy for it's value so the postage could double the price. I'll leave this up to the buyer to decide.

If you want to just buy part of the cable, make me an offer.

Thanks.

I'm Dave.

Available to buy now.
    Price drop. Now £10 excluding postage.
    Last edited by HighFidelityGuy; 06-05-2009 at 13:46.

How much would you charge shipped to the US?
    Anthony

I'm Dave.

Hi Anthony,

I'll bring the cable into work tomorrow so I can weigh it. I should then be able to give you an accurate price. I'll let you know ASAP.

Thanks.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Dave.

Hi Anthony,

I've just double checked the lengths I've got and it seems I actually have 3x 3M lengths, 1x 2.3M and 1x 70cm. Is that still ok and if so how much do you want?

I've also uploaded a photo, click to make bigger:

Thanks.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

Are there any connectors on the cables? I can't really tell from the photo. Let me know the cost of a 3M cable and a 2.3M shipped to the US and I will let you know if I still want them. Thanks.
    Anthony

I'm Dave.

No connectors I'm afraid, just bare wire.
    So you want 1 length 3M and 1 length 2.3M, so you'll have a slightly miss matched pair?
    Just double checking.

Yeah, I wanted 2 2M lengths, but since you don't have that I will settle for a 3 and a 2.3M. My amp is closer to one of the speakers, so the size difference should not be a problem.
    Anthony

I'm Jerry.

I use that cable on my AV system. Its been laid beneath laminate flooring for at least 10 years and does a fine job. Its more copper colour than pink.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread