+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP to become more elusive. More music for me

I'm Mike.

Default MotoGP to become more elusive. More music for me

Or is that exclusive ?

Next year MotoGP will only be on BT
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/22464311

As we cannot stream here I don't have any other options and I think I'll be better off listening to more music

Bye bye Dorna and MotoGP
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

REALLY pissed off with this news! (I'm not a BT customer...) So I either have to switch to them, or forego watching it. That really is pants. I just hope DORNA (the "owners" of MotoGP and World Superbikes) don't do the same with World Superbikes...

(And if all you can do is stream it from BT, then it probably won't be in HD, and I wouldn't be able to watch it on the telly without a faff. Grrr!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

thats total shit!

Eurosport have had it for years and I watch all the qualifying and free practice on it in HD.
    BBC pissed me off last race by NOT showing it live in HD and they have the rights to the live main motogp. Odd that you can watch everything except the main event in HD when BBC feel that something else is more important than the GP.

Now its gone to a 3rd rate pile of shit channel that about 6 people in the universe have.

What a total cock up......im not happy....really not chuffin happy

I hope Eurosport can still show the qualifying and free practice and the main race delayed. I'll NOT be paying for any more bloody channels than I already do.......ever!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Dave.

That's total pants. I will however still continue to watch it on - http://www.wiziwig.tv/ as I do most other sports. Not the best of quality but at least it can be watched without spending silly money.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I actually think this is a ploy by DORNA to get people to subscribe to their own live video service, especially as they've just launched the new "multiscreen" version (at 60% higher...)

https://secure.motogp.com/en/Subscri...013_FullSeason

Will depend on what Eurosport get if any - but I guess I'll either have to stump up or miss out...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mark.

BT sport channel will be available on sky

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Sport

Sky (UK only)
    Channel 413 (1 SD/HD)
    Channel 414 (2 SD/HD)
    Channel 445 (1 SD)
    Channel 446 (2 SD)

Yes, it does look that way - thanks. Phew (for me) but still a major PITA for a lot of people - and I guess it will probably mean more cost anyway...? I also really like the Eurosport coverage, so am anxious how the new channel will do it.
    Alex

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    Yes but will it be shown on ESPN rather than the BT channel?

If it is, its another subscripton required.
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Dave.

To be honest I hardly watch any TV. Thus I only have freeview. If I want to watch any major sporting event I either watch it on the internet or head down the pub.

The TV networks ain't getting anymore of my hard earned money.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    REALLY pissed off with this news! (I'm not a BT customer...) So I either have to switch to them, or forego watching it. That really is pants. I just hope DORNA (the "owners" of MotoGP and World Superbikes) don't do the same with World Superbikes...

(And if all you can do is stream it from BT, then it probably won't be in HD, and I wouldn't be able to watch it on the telly without a faff. Grrr!)
    Dorna seem to do whatever they want.

Been a few things they've done that don't impress
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast