+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yannis 428 phono vs AO SOFC

I'm david.

Default Yannis 428 phono vs AO SOFC

Hi

I need a tonearm cable to install a Jelco 750 on my 1210.

The Yannis Clio series 428 phono and the Audio Origami SOFC cable are about the same price. Any thoughts on how they compare?

Also do I need a straight or 90 degrees connector for my deck.

Many thanks
    System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

I'm david.

Anybody? I need to get on and order a cable so I can fit my Jelco arm.
    System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

synsei Guest

I have been advised to source a right angled plug for my Jelco

I'm Allthatwasisorwillbe.

I haven't heard the tonearm cables in question,so can't comment on that!

When i had the jelco cable which had a right angled connector,i had to trim some of the rubber base so it would fully connect to the tonearm! Maybe a straight connector would be best!

I use sorbothane feet,so didn't have the clearance anyway for a straight plug! You have isonoes,so should be fine!
    Darren

KORUS CUSTOM SERVER
    TECHNICS 1200 MKII_JELCO 750D_SHURE SC35C (with NOS and NEO SAS styli)
    CAIMAN SEG + DORADO PSU
    CROFT MEGA MICRO
    PARADIGM REFERENCE ACTIVE/40'S
    PARADIGM SERVO 15 SUBWOOFER X 2

''The theory of relativity is a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense''

MartinT Guest

I can't answer your question directly, but I do have a Yannis 423.5 PhotoLitz arm cable and it's quite superb. I fact, my entire system is now Yannis cabled.

Think carefully about the 428 v 423 and maybe have a chat with Yannis about their relative merits? If you go for the 423.5, definitely go for the double shielding and external earth cable, and of course the best plugs you can afford (I have Furutech and WBT 0110Ag).

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I can't answer your question directly, but I do have a Yannis 423.5 PhotoLitz arm cable and it's quite superb. I fact, my entire system is now Yannis cabled.

Think carefully about the 428 v 423 and maybe have a chat with Yannis about their relative merits? If you go for the 423.5, definitely go for the double shielding and external earth cable, and of course the best plugs you can afford (I have Furutech and WBT 0110Ag).
    +1 I have this cable with Eichman silver bullets - Superb cable !!

I'm david.

Thanks guys.

The 435.5 is more than I wanted to spend but might reconsider.

Could I please have a definitive answer on whether I need a straight or right angle connector?

Many thanks
    System:

MartinT Guest

I recommend the right-angle connector, although it depends on clearance and whether you have taller third party feet installed.

I'm david.

Thanks Martin, I have the Isonoe feet.

I just need what's going to fit with the least amount of hassle as my diy skills are zero. Am I good to go with the right angled connector?

I know you haven't done a back to back with AO or 428 but would you have a gut feeling about which might be better?

Many thanks as always
    System:

MartinT Guest

The right-angle will give you plenty of clearance. I use a straight plug as the Isonoes and Techniboots give all the clearance my Dynavector arm needs.

I can't comment on the AO as I've never heard it. I can say that the Yannis 423.5 comfortably sees off the top Oyaide and Furutech offerings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast