+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Latest CD purchase?...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    As I asked in my previous post, the Clapton disc is new to me, and I wondered what it was like.
    It's like the world's best pub band. Ry Cooder, and Duck Dunn are on it.

It's very understated even by the standard of Clapton solo albums but it's grown on me over almost forty years. Probably my second favourite of his after '461 Ocean Boulevard.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's like the world's best pub band. Ry Cooder, and Duck Dunn are on it.

It's very understated even by the standard of Clapton solo albums but it's grown on me over almost forty years. Probably my second favourite of his after '461 Ocean Boulevard.'
    Thanks for that Martin, think I had better get myself a copy!
    Cheers
    Barry

I'm Mark.

First heard this guy on Radio2's mid morning show when Gary Davies was standing in recently. Wow, what a voice what a story teller ! Hardly prolific only four albums in 8 years but the two I have are both great !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Life long music lover and Hi-Fi enthusiast for over 40 years, avid live music supporter, dismayed by the current dynamic ticket pricing applied to so many events !!

I'm Steve.

Delivered while I was away and played last night (some of it anyway).

Not my thing at all. Maybe if I was 40 years younger... so it'll be filed on the "What was I thinking?" shelf.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Delivered while I was away and played last night (some of it anyway).

Not my thing at all. Maybe if I was 40 years younger... so it'll be filed on the "What was I thinking?" shelf.
    YES, FOR THE BOOT SALE SHELF. i wouldnt have bought it for the cover firstly lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    YES, FOR THE BOOT SALE SHELF. I wouldnt have bought it for the cover firstly lol

It's the sort of thing that I might have bought from a charity shop for 50p.

Most of the charity shop purchases I make remain, but occasionally there is one I don't like, so it goes back. At that price, I can afford a few mistakes.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Original 1983 CD release which as usual is the release with the highest dynamic range - £3.50 delivered!

None of this taking whatever crap remaster the streaming service see fit to give you here.

People are going to wake up to this one day so get them while they're still cheap.

Case is a bit worse for wear but I have brand new replacements.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

It's the sort of thing that I might have bought from a charity shop for 50p.

Most of the charity shop purchases I make remain, but occasionally there is one I don't like, so it goes back. At that price, I can afford a few mistakes.
    Yeah, I went off Amazon reviews, which rated it to be better than the following album (Caracal), which I already have and find a bit meh. Better than meh is not exactly a glowing recommendation, and I should have kept me three quid in me pocket.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

Original 1983 CD release which as usual is the release with the highest dynamic range - £3.50 delivered!

None of this taking whatever crap remaster the streaming service see fit to give you here.

People are going to wake up to this one day so get them while they're still cheap.

Case is a bit worse for wear but I have brand new replacements.
    I was quite pleased to find a copy of that amongst my stepdad's old crap last month, then disappointed to see that the CD inside was a CD-R with what looks like a six year-old's attempt to write Michael Jackson in magic marker on the disc

I remember my stepdad had a phase of copying stuff off tinternet, using a file-haring site with the name Lime something or other. I'll not bother trying it.

T'other system:

A/V:

Why not? Either the CD-R disc will sound OK, or it won't.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast